To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Youngstown, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
EHS Director - OSHA Environmental Health and Safety
Hynes Industries • Youngstown, OH
Posted 11 days ago
Experience - At least 4 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Environmental, Industrial, Manufacturing
Business Opportunity, Consultant, Manufacturing
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
** This ad is for an opportunity in Youngstown, Ohio **
Hynes Industries provides imaginative, customized metal solutions with an unyielding focus on product quality, customer service and delivery performance. Plus, we've been committed to this formula for over 90 years, and since our acquisition of American Roll Form in 2015, we've gained another 55 years of roll forming experience and expertise.
We are seeking an EHS Director who has experience developing, implementing and/or managing a safety program in a manufacturing environment.
The ideal candidate is an effective leader and strong negotiator with safety professionals, regulatory and/or industry organizations. He/she is detail oriented with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, and organized with excellent time-management skills.
The EHS Director will:
- Manage environmental, health, and safety activities through strong leadership, training, communication, and motivation.
- Develop, implement, train and manage Hynes’ safety program, policies and procedures.
- Lead and direct staff to successfully execute all safety initiatives.
- Ensure continual safety improvements and set annual objectives and targets. Monitor results and audit progress.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure proper execution of workers' compensation programs.
- Guide the development and implementation of Health & Safety policies and programs.
- Administer New Hire Orientation Safety Training.
- Investigate and maintain records for all work related injuries and/or illnesses, provide statistical analysis, and assist management in the development of effective health and safety counter-measures to continuously improve safety objectives.
- Ensure legislative compliance with OSHA, EPA, ADA, Fire Codes, and serve as a liaison with area OSHA representatives.
- Conduct routine workplace safety inspections and establish measurable standards from which further recommendations (continuous improvement) can be made, with effective follow up.
- Coordinate emergency evacuation procedures, training, and practice drills.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety or related field.
- 4+ years developing, implementing and/or managing a safety program in a manufacturing environment.
- OSHA experience on a state or federal level
- Strong working knowledge of Industrial Ergonomics.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, access, & PowerPoint programs.
- Workers' compensation experience
- Demonstrated strength with analytical/problem solving, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.