To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6262 Arbor Road
Lincoln, NE 68514
- Human Resources
- Phone: 712-234-2734
- Phone:: 712-234-2736
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Part-time Parts Driver
Peterbilt of Lincoln • Lincoln, NE
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Description and Purpose:
The Parts Department is an integral part of this Company’s success. The Parts Driver will operate a light to medium duty vehicle to pick up and deliver parts to customers and vendors. They will also assist the Parts Department in various ways to help ensure the productivity of the Parts Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load truck with parts and other packages scheduled for the day’s deliveries
- Determine most efficient order of delivery and prepares schedule showing order to be followed
- Pick up and deliver parts
- Deliver deposit to bank and mail to post office
- Pick up mail at the post office and mailbox on the Company’s premise
- Pick up returns and items for use by the Company and verifies goods received against packing slips and sign receipt
- Keep parts truck clean and follow maintenance schedule for having truck serviced. Report all mechanical problems to supervisor
- Assist in general warehouse duties upon completing delivery route
- Take ongoing training for customer service
Midwest Peterbilt Group strives to stay competitive with its compensation and benefits packages.
Health Insurance - Starting at $20/month!
Flexible Spending Account - Company funded!
401(k) with Company Match
Paid Time Off
Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Voluntary Long-term Disability Insurance
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Able to communicate information and ideas in writing or verbally so others will understand
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Be able to read directions and use a street map to plot delivery route
- Must interact well with managers, co-workers, customers, and the general public
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and meets insurability requirements with the Company’s insurance company
Physical Demands and Environment:The physical demands and environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
- Daily operation of a computer and other office machines
- Daily will work out doors in all kinds of weather
- Daily lift up to 75 pounds
- Daily noise level is usually moderate
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Daily will sit, stand, walk, stoop, crawl, kneel, reach, handle, finger, feel, talk, hear, and see
- Daily extensive driving
Education/Training or Experience:
High School diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Intermediate computer skills required