To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Farmingdale, NY 11735
- Tiera Smalls
- Phone: (516) 823-9500
- Phone:: 5169774223
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Direct Support Professional
Human First, Inc. • Farmingdale, NY
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Direct Support Professionals
Under direct supervision, this position is serves as a personal attendant to provide care and supervision of children or adults who have developmental disabilities, including but not limited to: autism, intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, and epilepsy and who also engage in challenging behaviors. Performs work in family residences or, as approved, in community settings.
Working directly with individuals on programmed activities, in accordance with an individual’s Individual Service Plan (ISP).
Assisting the individual in skill development by implementing individualized programs.
Actively participate in planning activities and programs with the Program Supervisor, Individual and their advocate.
1. Assist in planning and implementation of program
1. Maintain and submit Bi-weekly Service Records; complete and submit monthly summary progress notes; submit any other required documentation
2. Attend and participate in staff training and staff meetings
3. Maintain adequate contact with the Program Coordinator
4. Communicate relevant information to Program Coordinator verbally and/or written
5. Submit all billing documentation, including Bi-weekly Service Records and Monthly Summary notes in a timely manner
2. Foster a person-centered atmosphere conducive to the growth and development of the Individuals
3. Follow all specified policies and procedures for managing behaviors, emergencies and incident reporting
4. Accompany and advocate for Individuals when in the community
5. Ensure an appropriate staff-to-client ratio at all times
High School Diploma/Equivalency, some college credits preferred
Prior experience with the Developmentally Disabled population
Can be volunteer experience and/or personal experience
The ability to interact with Individuals, their family and Program Coordinator professionally and ethically
Valid driver’s license preferred
SCIP Trained, CPR & First Aid Certified (preferred)
Submit your resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax to 516-977-4223