To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Gina Gomulka
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Java Software Engineer
Next Step Systems • Chicago, IL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Java Software Engineer
We are looking for a Software Engineer to build next generation workflows for options market making. This includes workflows that are both high and low latency in nature, and primarily developed in Java and deployed on Linux. There is extensive collaboration among all business units that allows us the ability to brainstorm ideas and compare approaches. Software development cycles are short and releases of proprietary software are frequent. This is a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where engineers quickly see the results of their effort, and the impact that work has on our businesses.
- Design and develop software components and frameworks.
- Collaborate with developers on other teams including operations, option pricing, exchange access, inventory and risk management.
- Develop requirements, propose solutions and deliver software into production environment in a timely and robust manner.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Partner with QA and support teams to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment.
- Ongoing performance analysis and tuning.
- 3+ years of development experience in Java.
- Prior experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed application architecture.
- Experience with source code management and a Linux environment, experience with Git and Python is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and analytic capabilities.
- Self-starter and can quickly triage issues and drive the resolution effort through completion.
- You have a preference for simple, cohesive, and practical solutions.
- You can demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Java Software Engineer, Java, Linux, Multi-Threading, Distributed Application Architecture, Git, Python, Electronic Trading, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems. We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas! Company Will Relocate Candidates!
No Corp-To-Corp Or Third Party Recruiters; W-2 Direct Hire Only.