To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Gina Gomulka
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Trade Support Engineer, 2nd Shift
Next Step Systems • Chicago, IL
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Trade Support Engineer, 2nd Shift
We are seeking a Trade Support Engineer (TSE) to join the team and work the second shift. The Trade Support Engineer will be an individual contributor in this role, and it will involve management and support of production trading desks running proprietary trading software. The Trade Support Engineer will take an active approach to identifying and resolving issues before they affect production trading. You will reactively drive resolutions to get trading systems back in market when outages occur during the trading day. The Trade Support Engineer will work closely with traders and trading system operations members to identify software bugs and then properly relay that information back to development and QA teams for patching. Through a close relationship with your trading desk, you will be in a position to analyze day to day activities and suggest tools and software improvements that will provide benefit to the traders you support. Hours will be approximately 4:00pm to 1:00am Sunday through Thursday.
Production Trade Support (70% of your time)
- Sit next to traders on the trade desk to allow full immersion in the trading workflows.
- Provide level one and level two support of trading system issues affecting your desk.
- Advance issues to other teams as appropriate by providing detailed log snippets and summarizations that bring the development team up to speed quickly on the problem without the need for them to conduct a level one/level two analysis themselves.
- Document outages in the outage tracking system and follow up with development teams to drive permanent resolutions.
- Utilize a “fix it twice” mentality to use tactical solutions to get trading systems stable again but then follow up with the strategic fix soon after.
Trading Systems Design (20% of your time)
- Actively address performance improvements/optimizations.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of trading support workflows to improve reliability and proactive alerting.
Project Management (5% of your time)
- Attend meetings where Trade Support Engineers guidance/direction is needed for project coordination and/or execution.
- Know/Communicate project status and help define priority on in flight projects.
- Translate priorities into action plans.
Release Management (5% of your time)
- Work with Trading Systems Operations (TSO) to schedule software releases for your trading desks, following a risk mitigating phased rollout approach where appropriate.
- Communicate to traders when new releases are scheduled.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience including 1 year in a trade support role.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix Command Shell navigation required.
- Python/Perl/Shell or similar scripting experience required.
- Knowledge of basic SQL queries required.
- Working knowledge of incident and problem management.
- Previous electronic trading experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of FIX/Exchange protocols a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Able to handle high pressure environments, analyze problems and act quickly, understanding a sense of urgency.
- Possess an engineering mindset.
- Self-motivated and have strong time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to bridge communication gaps between trading and technology.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Perceptive and observant to help identity problems in the trading environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Customer focused.
- Demonstrate honesty/integrity and be able to learn from mistakes.
- Possess a strong sense of ownership.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Trade Support Engineer, Linux, UNIX Command Shell Navigation, Python, Perl, Shell, Scripting, SQL Queries, Trading, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems. We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas! Company Will Relocate Candidates!
No Corp-To-Corp Or Third Party Recruiters; W-2 Direct Hire Only.