To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Joseph, MI
- Areeba Farooqi
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Manager
Confidential • US-Regional-Midwest
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reporting to the Plant Manager, with general guidance from the HR Team Leader, the Human Resource Manager is responsible for partnering with plant management to source talent, manage performance and deliver business results. The Human Resource Manager provides the direction and administration of labor and employee relations through application of fair and consistent employment policies and practices, training programs and regulatory compliance.
Nature and Scope:
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of performance management, staffing, onboarding, investigations, communications, reporting, compensation and benefits for a union facility.
Specific Job Duties:
- Responsible for the establishment, implementation and administration of plant HR policies
- Responsible for the identification of management and employee development needs and coordination of training programs
- Acts as liaison and employee advocate
- Maintains Affirmative Action plan, records and information
- Interpret and administer the Corporate Operating Procedures as they relate to the Human Resource Function
- Responsible for the administration of benefits, rewards and recognition
- Responsible for the establishment of a selection/hiring/orientation process to effectively staff the facility. Responsible for maintaining appropriate staffing levels for the facility
- Ensures application of Human Resource procedures, practices to maintain regulatory compliance
- Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- 5+ years of Human Resource experience
- Experience manufacturing environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit and develop associates
- Previous HRIS experience
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Results driven with the ability to work in a high performance-manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to motivate, communicate and lead continuous improvement
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Solid planning, leadership and transactional skills
- Good understanding of business principles and practices and ability to communicate them to others
- Ability to create human resource solutions with a bottom line result
- Able to use technology to standardize monthly reporting
- Familiarity with Six Sigma, lean manufacturing