To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oak Ridge, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP - Small Business Underwriter/Portfolio Manager
Lakeland Bank • Oak Ridge, NJ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Come join the Lakeland Bank team...
You’ll love it here!
Lakeland Bank fosters a work environment that is supportive, caring, and team-centered. We believe in providing career advancement opportunities, within our organization, and treat our colleagues with dignity and respect. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including 401(k) and education reimbursement.
We are very proud to have been recognized, for a second time, by Forbes magazine as one of "America's 50 Most Trustworthy Financial companies". This honor was a result of how we always have, and how we always will, conduct our business. The relationships we develop with our customers are governed by the principles of trustworthiness: honesty, integrity, and reliability. It's what our customers expect and it's what we deliver every day.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Vice President – Small Business Underwriter/Portfolio Manager supports the Bank’s goal of enhancing the value of the Small Business Lending services by increasing the efficiency of the sales force by way of providing underwriting support, guidance, and portfolio management services to the Retail (branch staff) and Business Banking departments. Drawing on past experience, translate analytical skills into recommendations to department head in support of loan decisions up to $500k. At times, may be required to provide guidance and support to the Small Business underwriting staff on credit and loan application review, deal analysis, and loan structure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and serve branch staff and Business Banking Officers by providing assistance in structuring, pricing and approval of small business loans.
- Review and analyze new and renewal loan applications, financial statements, and other supporting documentation of borrowers and guarantors to effectively decision credit requests.
- Utilize Bank's decisioning software to properly process, decision, and document credit requests according to Bank policy and goals.
- Communicate loan decisions and recommendations to branch staff, Business Banking Officers, and other department personnel.
- Make sound credit decisions on credit requests within assigned credit authority and Bank policy.
- Provide guidance and support to the Small Business underwriting staff on credit and loan application review, deal analysis, and loan structure.
- Monitor and remain apprised of Small Business underwriting practices and assist the department head in communicating these practices.
- Direct loans through due diligence and documentation processes.
- Seek to maintain appropriate levels of Credit Quality in origination, renewal and portfolio monitoring of small business loans, consistent with overall objectives of the Department.
- Perform periodic review of all credit, loan, and collateral files to ensure information is current, cure exceptions, and report difficulties.
- Manage and service a portfolio of existing loans and assist team members with theirs, as well as working with the branches.
- Monitor reports from branches to attain status and activity of deals.
- Provide appropriate turnaround time on loan applications, meeting the minimum service goals for the Department.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Preferred candidate will be or possess:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Formal credit training
- Familiar with credit decisioning software
All Lakeland Bank employees must be bondable. FBI background checks are required to confirm eligibility for bonding.
Note: A guilty plea or criminal conviction will not necessarily preclude employment at Lakeland Bank.
Scheduled Hours: 40 hours per week
Qualified candidates please send resume and please indicate position your are responding to in the subject line to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Equal opportunity employer of qualified protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, minorities and females. Lakeland Bank is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Lakeland Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:LBAI), which has $4.7 billion in total assets. The Bank operates 53 New Jersey branch offices in Bergen, Essex, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex and Union counties; five New Jersey regional commercial lending centers in Bernardsville, Jackson, Montville, Newton, Teaneck and Waldwick; and two commercial loan production offices serving Middlesex and Monmouth counties in New Jersey and the Hudson Valley region of New York. Lakeland Bank offers an extensive suite of financial products and services for businesses and consumers.
- Qualified candidate will be or possess:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a 4-year college degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years direct "line" experience in commercial lending, underwriting or portfolio management
- Skillset sufficient to translate analytical skills into recommendations in support of loan decisions
- Willingness and ability work closely with Business Banking Officers, the retail branch and commercial lending areas at times
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills, sufficient to accomplish every aspect and task in the life cycle of a loan
- Excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to provide guidance to others at the same or lower level