To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Lender – Middle Market Underwriter
Signature Bank • New York, NY
Posted 18 days ago
Join a winning team! Signature Bank® has been ranked among the Top 10 on Forbes' list of Best Banks in America for six consecutive years!
Signature Bank, member FDIC, is a New York-based full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. The Bank’s growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services
Senior Lender, VP – Middle Market Underwriter, Manhattan
In this position you will assist Private Client Groups with business development by analyzing and underwriting credit requests for middle and upper middle market clients. If you possess exceptional analytical and writing skills, are a creative thinker and enjoy working in a collaborative environment, this immediate opportunity might be a fit!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Analyze applicant’s financial status, credit, and security evaluation to determine feasibility of loan request
- Review middle market credit requests within assigned authority; prepare underwriting proposal and credit offering memo; present credit proposals that exceed credit quality to Senior Credit Officers for approval
- Manage diverse loan portfolio consisting of C&I loans, including owner occupied real estate, collateral backed loans, working capital and revolving lines of credit; monitor the credit quality of the loans, as well as performance of each credit
- Meet with prospects and clients to discuss credit needs
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate, and in compliance with policy and approval
- Assist with regulatory audits; pull and prep credit information for review
Work with Private Client Groups to grow their business
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial lending experience at a leading money center bank or equivalent institution required
- Formal credit training required
- Demonstrated experience with financial statement / cash flow analysis and financial ratios
- Strong knowledge of commercial lending with understanding of federal banking regulations and commercial lending policies, procedures, practices, and techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent critical thinking skills with ability to think of alternatives that fit business standards
- Superb interpersonal skills; able to build and maintain relationships. Must possess high ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy.
- Good leadership skill; able to coach and mentor junior staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
Signature Bank offers a competitive compensation (with BONUS ELIGIBILITY) and an excellent benefits package for qualified employees, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, gym reimbursement and a wellness program.
View available Careers with Signature at www.signatureny.com/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not sponsor work visas
Relocation or interview travel expenses are not available for this role
No Agencies Please