To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA
- Mary Lopez
- Phone: 951-837-1989
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PTR Staffing • Irvine, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
v The Area Manager ensures throughput targets are achieved in a safe, timely, quality, cost efficient and productive manner.
v Manages production schedules to fulfill orders; is accountable for the achievement of area performance objectives, product quality and variable costs.
v Ensures employees are accurately trained, assigned specific duties, coached, disciplined, and rewarded; and always optimizes equipment availability, cycle times, and overall continual improvement.
· Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to the area to maximize productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality and throughput targets.
· Review and plan for daily/ weekly/ quarterly labor, equipment, and supply requirements to achieve the departmental throughput while meeting and exceeding the productivity targets.
· Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
· Ensure employees are trained on production procedures and practices
· Work with purchasing and suppliers to improve process reliability and lower costs
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; evaluating and appraising individual performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
· Review variable costs, productivity, earned standard hours and throughput daily and implements effective corrective actions when targets are not achieved
· Manage the activities of employees on continuous improvement projects
· Support and improve upon quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals.
· Manage preventative maintenance performed by production employees
· Provide manufacturing expertise if and when problems arise
· Stay abreast of technological advancements and process improvements, which may impact production
· Ensure all equipment and machinery are set, maintained and adjusted to continually produce high products.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree Required (Business Administration or Engineering Preferred)
· 1-2 year of supervisory experience.
1. Must be capable of working effectively with minimal direction and supervision.
2. Process improvement experience is desirable (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing).
3. Must possess excellent problem solving, organizational and verbal & written communication skills.
4. Solid, overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement.
5. Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
6. Work requires verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
7. High energy level and ability to work flexible hours.
8. Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
9. Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MRP).
10. Strong attention to detail and results oriented.