To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6826 East Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
- Erica Schwartz
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager/Director of Accounting
Spencer's • Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you’ll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We’re fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you’ll see firsthand that we’re laidback and irreverent. We’re firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as water cooler convos. Whether it’s critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
CHECK OUT OUR BENEFITS!
• Competitive salary & incentive opportunity
• Career advancement
• Comprehensive benefits package including Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holiday
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life and AD&D insurance, Tuition Reimbursement & 401k for eligible associates
• 30% discount on merchandise
POSITION SUMMARY: Candidate is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting for the Company and assisting the Finance team with Financial Reporting. Candidate will coordinate proper accounting and period cutoff with Accounts payable, Cash Management and Tax teams.
He or she is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, and US GAAP.
Must be a catalyst for driving streamlined accounting policies and procedures and providing timely, accurate and actionable information to department heads to manage their respective areas.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, account reconciliation, assisting in financial reporting.
- Responsible for the timely close of the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting periods in accordance with company standards.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Responsible for managing the updating of the bi-weekly financial forecast (including development of commentary for variances versus established plans) with support from finance, operating and other support/shared service departments.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition and lease accounting rules. Work with the Finance team on understanding the new standards and implementing accordingly.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies, directives and reporting requirements.
- Reviews, provides commentary and timely distributes monthly account analysis to department heads.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development and direct supervision of these associates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Prior management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively and hands-on across departmental functions.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and experience in supporting the development of financial plans within a retail environment desirable.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.