Global professional services firm with an impecable track record of success for more than 140 years is seeking to bring on board a top accounting professional to add to a growing department. With 18 offices located throughout the world and one of the most recognizable brand names within the industry, the firm was recently named one of the “Top 10 Companies to Work for in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune.
The Assitant Controller will report directly to the Corporate Controller and will be integrally involved in all aspects of financial reporting for the firm. In this position, this individual will enjoy a first-class work environment, excellent long-term professional growth opportunities, and a strong quality of life.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting , a CPA-certification, and 7+ years of relevant experience.
Compensation for this position will include an extremely competitive base salary, performance-based target bonuses, as well as an extremely comprehensive benefits package.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives;
- Performs timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies, and regulatory action.
- Manages short term and long term financial forecasting to ensure adequate liquidity and strategic financing are in place to provide competitive product offerings in the market place.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and provide advice on the financial implications of business decisions.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Guides financial decisions and asset protection by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls, financial policies, procedures and reporting systems.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting internal audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Oversees budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
- Takes hands-on leadership position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive financial reporting system by customizing accounting management systems to meet the needs of the organization.
- Manages cash flow and forecasting.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Optimizes the handling of banking relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Manages and tracks the performance of the company through timely preparation and completion of monthly financial reporting package.
- Five or more years of financial experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Accounting or Finance, required;
- CPA required.
- Strong grasp of core financial concepts
- Disciplined, highly accountable, and likes to be measured on success and tangible results.
- Highly skilled in spreadsheet modeling, ERP Systems, MS Office, and other accounting related software.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis; high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Proven successful experience in forecasting, budgeting and liquidity analysis.
- Ability to serve as a thought partner in identifying profit generating opportunities.
- Ability to educate and create a company culture that is financially responsible and savvy.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. Since our founding in 1994, CFS has established 30+ offices in the United States and the Caribbean.
View the full profile
Understanding & delivering: With more than two decades of experience, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Locating and hiring accounting, finance & IT professionals is our specialty.
Highly qualified professionals at every level: We are committed to recruiting top talent for our clients, ranging from entry to senior level professionals. To develop a list of quality candidates, we conduct a rigorous screening process involving personal interviews, professional reference checks, and employment/degree verification.
Personal attention: Time and time again our clients commend us on our individual focus and service. Client and recruit satisfaction is the most important part of our business, and we work hard to ensure that each placement we make is the absolute best.
We are growing! CFS is always looking for team-oriented, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and customer service driven professionals to join our team. If this sounds like you, come join our team and see what we're all about!
One International Place
Boston, MA 02110
Interested in learning more about our current opportunities? Join our talent network today!