We are accepting applications for a Trailer Mechanic in our service department at ourBirmingham, Alabama Branch. Candidate should have previous experience as a mechanic/technician in the trailer industry. Carpentry, welding and mechanic skills are a plus. This career opportunity is available for a self-motivated person with strong work ethics. We are willing to train the right applicant.
• Responsible for repairs and required preventive maintenance of trailers
• Build, rebuild and repair all parts of trailer equipment, as may be required in the department assigned to.
• Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose, and perform maintenance on equipment
• Must furnish own hand tools
• Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment
• Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Previous mechanical/technician experience in the trailer industry.
• 1-2 years Mechanical experience preferred.
• Troubleshooting experience
• ability to lift up to 50lbs
Submit a detail resume or Apply in person at: 1208 Bankhead Hwy W. Birmingham, AL 35204
- Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and background check.
- We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401k and pension.
- Great Dane Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer