To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
- Rebecca Markus
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cal Mediconnect Behavioral Health Case Manager - LCSW
Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC. • San Francisco, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Alvarez & Marsal -
Job Title: Cal Mediconnect Behavioral Health Case Manager - LCSW
Business Unit: Healthcare Industry Group - Clinical Support Services
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Healthcare Industry Group practice with an emphasis in clinical management through its newly formed Clinical Support Services business unit. With more than 2,600 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
Under the direction of the Manager of Case Management, the Behavioral Health Case Manager - LCSW, acting within the scope of their licensure, is responsible for the assessment, coordination, planning, and implementation of psychosocial treatment for patients being cared for across the continuum. has strong experience with clinical assessments and intervention as well as solid problem-solving skills, effective verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work comfortably with culturally diverse patients and strong crisis intervention skills. Maintains working knowledge of community based resources, programs and social services. Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
● Act as clinical resource for all work groups
● Coordinate health management services to provide integrated health services for each patient and provide benefit and health information to patients, care givers, providers and facilities to enable informed health decisions
● Responsible for ensuring effective psychosocial intervention, positively impacting a patient's ability to manage his/her chronic illness. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Utilizes available community, government, and/or client resources needed to address participant's limitations or support interventions in the management of the participant's chronic condition.
● Manages behavioral and psychosocial needs that result in improved clinical and financial outcomes and delivers social work interventions.
● Assists members to effectively utilize available resources to meet their personal health needs and help them develop their own capabilities.
● Evaluates members' ability to independently manage self and locate alternative resources when limitations are identified via a Social Work Psychosocial evaluation.
● Provides guidance to members seeking alternative solutions to specific social, cultural or financial problems that impact their ability to manage their healthcare needs.
● Evaluates members' strengths related to health self-management, develops strategies to support healthcare needs and implements plans in support of case decisions.
● Facilitates and coordinates behavioral health resources as individual member needs are identified
•Strong ability to communicate effectively with patients, employer groups, and physicians
•Effective problem-solving skills
•Knowledge of NCQA
•Possess excellent time management skills
• Current unrestricted LMSW or LCSW (or equivalent) license in the state of CA
•Minimum of 2 years of behavioral health case management experience working with Cal Mediconnect
•Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action, deal tactfully with personnel, residents/patients, family members, visitors, etc., and seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
•Possess ability to educate, inform, advocate, promote and facilitate health care options, and demonstrate the willingness to work harmoniously with a team approach.
• Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm and be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset residents/patients and their families.
•Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
•Must be able to use a computer for data entry and to send and retrieve webmail.
Reports To: Manager of Case Management
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
It is A&M’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.