MUST HAVE WORKED AT A MANAGED SERVICE PROVIDER
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to support customers in the greater Baltimore / Washington DC area.
Their Managed Services team provides information technology support and managed services for businesses and institutions across a number of industries covering a wide range of operating environments.
Core competencies include of Microsoft Azure solutions design and management, support of Windows servers in virtual and physical environments, Office 365, virtualization infrastructure, disaster recovery planning, risk mitigation, technology budgeting and forecasting, and compliance. Their senior engineers are part of a team which designs, installs, and supports solutions built on established, trusted technologies.
Description of Duties:
The Senior Engineer will assist with design and implementation of Microsoft Azure solutions, and provide ongoing operational support for customers’ information systems with onsite requirements.
The engineer will also be required to assist with our Support Desk services. This candidate will report to the head of the Managed Services team and work alongside other systems engineers and Support desk staff. This is a client-facing position and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Design and operations of customer infrastructure in a Microsoft Azure environment.
- Provide timely and competent response to technology support request.
- Provide quality desktop, server, and network-level support
- Communicate technical information effectively to clients and internal management
- Configure LAN and WAN topologies, server staging, and deployment
- Provide Tier 2 or Tier 3 Support Desk support
Required Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on Microsoft Azure experience.
- Minimum of a two-year degree preferably with emphasis on information systems or technology management (Or the equivalent combination of experience and training)
- Five years of experience in technical customer support
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 6 year’s experience performing computer systems and network troubleshooting
- Extensive knowledge of workstation operating systems, applications, networks and networking technologies, as well as technology management tools
Expert knowledge of Windows server and desktop operating systems, e-mail systems, firewalls and network security
- Extensive experience working with and knowledge of products provided by leading technology providers, e.g. Microsoft, HP, Dell, SonicWall, Storagecraft
- Managed services experience, e.g. Labtech
- Vendor certifications, e.g. MCSE or CSSA