To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7125 Orchard Lake Road
West Bloomfield Township, MI 48322
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Oakland Home Care • West Bloomfield Township, MI
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Oakland, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve our customers. Our customers count on us every hour of every day. First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace. We expect all associates to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and residents into the community, and making them feel at home. Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals.
The Accountant works with the Home Care team to ensure accurate, timely, and customer service focused accounting to the home care team. The position will provide administrative accounting, clerical, and bookkeeping duties.
Executive Director of Health Services / Home Care
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable and Payable - Creates monthly invoices, reporting and follow-up
- P&L report for review & approval - incl. equivalence, all designated reports
- Assistance with yearly budget
- Month end closing duties (AR, AP, Intercompany, Security deposit accts.)
- Makes deposits and accurately post checks to customer's accounts
- Research and solve payment discrepancies for internal and external clients
- Ability to run and analyze accounting reports
- Prepare monthly customer statements. Works with Regional Management, and Accounting Management to troubleshoot errors.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner
10. Assist with other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Job Requirements Education
• Accounting bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience.
• Experience in home health care or related field preferred / Kinnser EMR preferred
• Multi-company accounting experience preferred
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus
• Strong computer skills – strong preference given to those experienced with Kinnser software
Strong Communication Skills –Clearly and accurately provides pertinent information to individuals in verbal and/or written form.. Able to accurately convey information in a way that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently, able to get more done in less time than others while not sacrificing quality. Has the ability to independently prioritize work activities.
Organization – Has the ability to arrange and utilize resources effectively and efficiently to get work activities accomplished. Does not lose track of tasks or responsibilities, and can be counted on to always follow up.
Integrity and Trust – Does what they say they will do, does not take the easy road, and does not misrepresent themselves for personal gain. Always does the right thing, even when it does not benefit themselves.
Detail Oriented – Pays attention to the smallest details in a situation, and truly cares about them. Understands the importance of all aspects of a given task, no matter how trivial they may seem. Values the importance of gathering all relevant information before making a decision.
Work Ethic – Places value on hard work and achieving goals. Takes pride in work related activities, tasks and responsibilities. Acts professionally, respectfully, and is dedicated to work. Takes accountability and responsibility for their work and work related tasks.