Our Akron area client has an urgent need for a skilled accounts payable clerk. This is a high volume fast paced environment and the candidate must be able to learn and adapt quickly. Excellent computer skills and Excel skills are a must in order to be successful in this role. This is an exciting temp to hire opportunity to get into a great company with room for growth and advancement.
• Submit invoices to management team for approval
• Match inventory receiving's to incoming invoices and work with departments to resolve any discrepancies.
• Codes invoices, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system
• Set up new vendors and maintain the W-9 recordkeeping
• Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
• Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
• Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
• Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
• Prepares batch check runs
• Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
• Ensure vendor payment discounts are received
• 10-key by touch
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Open to change and willing to learn new skills
• Ability to follow up on pending issues
• Ability to meet deadlines
Attention To Detail