To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1500 Northwest 12th Avenue
Miami, FL 33136
- Luana Ritzert
- Phone: (305)585-1476
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Hospital Pharmacist - Infection Prevention & Control
Jackson Health System • Miami, FL
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Department: Infection Prevention & Control
Category: Allied Health
Status: Full Time
Using established policies and procedures, responsible for drug therapy of assigned patients; provision of clinical drug information to meet the needs of the physician, nurse, and patient, education of pharmacy students, residents, and interns; and, distribution of medications.
JMH is a 1500+ bed academic medical center affiliated with the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. The diverse patient population served at JMH provides a unique patient population with ample opportunities for clinical pharmacy services. The JMH Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) was established in 2003 and is active hospital-wide. The goals of the ASP match those of the IDSA guidelines and CDC Core Elements of Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Programs.
The ideal candidate will possess a Doctor of Pharmacy and have ID residency training. Candidates without residency training and have at least two years of infectious disease experience and/or implementing or managing an antimicrobial stewardship program are also encouraged to apply.
- Possession of, or eligible for Florida Pharmacist license is required.
- Pharm.D. degree and residency training or equivalent proven experience required.
- Strong patient care orientation, self motivation, and good interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively as a team player are required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification with at least 6 months validity required.
- Specialized Residency or Fellowship in the clinical service specialty practice area or equivalent practice experience desirable.
- Experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services, teaching and research is desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate literacy in using computerized information systems.