To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Tim Ulrey
- Phone: 800-690-3280
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Controls Engineer
Plastic Executive Recruiters • Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Electrical Controls Engineer / Automation Engineer: Corporate job with travel
VISA sponsor/transfer not available
- PAY: $75-115K + annual bonus + Relocation (direct hire with benefits)
- LOCATION: Cedar Rapids greater area, commutable from Iowa City. Will discuss on phone
- BACKGROUND & CREDENTIALS NEEDED: BSEE or BSME, Plastics Manufacturing, ControlLogix / Allen Bradley, Yaskawa drives.
- Important Note: This role requires 10-25% travel.
This is your chance to work with a global, flexible plastic packaging company providing high level engineering support at this plant in Iowa. This is a high speed plastics fabrication and processing environment. Controls here are Siemens S7, Allen Bradley ControlLogix; drives are Yaskawa. Being hired in this role will allow for advancement into the business, engineering, and operations sides of the company as it gives you experience in multiple angles of the industry.
IMMINENT PROJECTS TO COMPLETE
The major first project will be to replace ALL DRIVES on the plant production equipment. Subsequently, the plant will use your expertise as they are introducing new plastic extrusion and film converting machines. While most of the controls programming is conducted by OEM’s, the electrical controls engineer will focus on working closely with OEM’s on installs and upgrades. So, the controls engineer will need to experience programming but will not be doing it from start-to-finish. Instead, you will be working closely with OEM on installations to develop first-hand knowledge of the equipment to include understanding program logic, documentation, and troubleshooting procedures to effectively maintain and organize control systems. The controls engineer will also need to make sure that replacement control systems/equipment tied to upgrades are compatible with the "obsolete stuff", and will be responsible for organizing PLC and drive files – renaming ladder logic files, backing up files/programs, and dating them. You will also need to mentor the maintenance techs on the controls side as needed.
Similar titles: Automation Engineer, Corporate Engineer, Corporate controls, systems engineer, control systems engineer, controls engineer, electrical controls field service.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree: BSEE, ASEE, BSEE, BSME, (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering) or similar engineering degree.
- Must have Allen Bradley ControlLogix experience. Highly preferred to have worked with Yaskawa drives or have solid drives install experience.
- Siemens SIMATIC S7 exposure would be a bonus.
- 2+ years in controls engineering role at a manufacturing plant (electrical engineer, controls engineer, systems engineer, automation engineer, electrical controls, etc.).
- Proficient with electrical schematics, electrical drawings
- PLC "light" programming and troubleshooting capabilities