To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
700 Airport Boulevard
Doylestown, PA 18902
- Nancy Cascioli
- Phone: 215-348-5010
- Phone:: 215-348-0932
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Inside/In-house Sales Representative
Dontech Incorporated • Doylestown, PA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Since 1971, Dontech's core purpose has been to provide innovative solutions which enhance optical performance. Today we continue to grow as a leading designer and manufacturer of optical filters, precision thin film coated optics, and enhanced flat panel digital assemblies for military, medical, and commercial applications. We are currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative at our Doylestown, Pennsylvania facility.
Dontech is an AS9100D / ISO9001:2015 certified manufacturer specializing in optical coatings and fabrication of optical filters and LCD enhancement services. Applications for Dontech's products include ruggedized laptop assemblies for ground-based military vehicles, durable hospital and field monitoring equipment, and POS digital signage.
Please see Dontech's corporate video at http://www.dontech.com/ for more information about us.
Dontech is looking for an experienced in-house Sales Representative to effectively manage and lead the Sales activities for the assigned customers and to assist in supporting Dontech’s overall Sales efforts. To effectively sell, promote, and specify Dontech products in a professional, cost effective and profitable manner for the benefit of the company as a whole. Help contribute to the overall profitability and growth of the organization. Work with manufacturers’ representatives to help foster a strong, competent network for Dontech. Act as the primary liaison/coordinator/relationship manager between assigned customers and manufacturers’ representatives and Dontech.
The In-house Sales Representative will be responsible to:
- Manage, lead and coordinate Dontech activities as the relationship manager into all assigned and identified target accounts. Responsible for managing timely notification and resolution/support of customer issues and opportunities for all assigned customers and opportunities.
- Assist and maintain key account profiles/database so it is readily accessible to the entire relevant Dontech Team, to include but not limited to contacts (scanned business cards), organization chart, programs, drawings, literature, quote history with win/loss/order history, Dontech penetration within account/program/total account potential/value, life of programs and all major/relevant communications.
- Assist with maintaining 30, 60, 90 and 120 day forecasts to Dontech leadership.
- Assist with maintaining monthly scorecard for assigned Dontech accounts and targets inclusive of value proposition, quality, and delivery. Ensure scorecard is delivered every month to identified key customer personnel and that the metrics reported cover all historical problems and value propositions.
- Maintain detailed sales records based on product, territory, monthly activity, quotations, customers and current market trends.
- Maintain current understanding of Dontech’s products and applications, as well as a general understanding of our manufacturing capabilities.
- Serve as primary point of contact for regional territory managers and quotation activity and secondary point of contact for product delivery information.
- Provide input as needed to senior management to develop pricing structure and win specific opportunities based on competitive environment and market knowledge. This includes working with Engineering and Operations to develop new products and to ensure that quotations are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Sales Administrator, as needed, to send samples, literature, quote requests, and with any follow-up with new and existing customers.
- Handle customer complaints with the designated Quality, Accounting, Operations, and/or Engineering personnel. This process is vital to preventing a reoccurrence of the same and or similar complaints.
- Assist in maintenance of current competition files, including names of key personnel, literature, product capabilities and any other information assisting Dontech to intelligently identify our competitor’s capabilities and pricing structure.
- Keep Director of Sales informed as to accomplishment of goals, and major issues/activities with assigned customers. Communicate daily with the Director of Sales (& the Director of Engineering for the R&D Products) any of the following items:
- Any problems which occur during the normal course of business
- Any new ideas pertaining to the Sales and Marketing of Dontech products. This includes new market identification and developmental products.
- Effectively communicate (internally and externally) technical information pertaining to new and existing procedures and products.
- Assist in the design, formulation and completion of information for publications, literature and advertisements.
- Ensure that management is involved with all major opportunities.
- Help prepare the Sales Forecast.
- Help achieve Dontech’s financial objectives by adhering to the Sales forecast; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Measure the work for assigned customers with metrics and post the metrics as a tool for continuous improvement.
- Assist in providing timely input/feedback for performance reviews for support staff and assigned manufacturers’ representatives.
- Assist Regional Territory Managers in maintaining monthly scorecard of all manufacturers’ representative groups, effectively managing the groups.
- Keep abreast of current technology and related business trends; participate in job related technical groups and societies; and read industry/job related technical literature.
- Contribute to the overall well-being and profitability of Dontech.
- Travel as needed to support trade shows.
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering (degree may be substituted with 5 years of technical sales experience preferably in the optical/display or EMI shielding market). Scientific field, preferably in chemistry, chemical engineering, optical engineering or physics is desirable.
- 2+ years of experience in the management of manufacturers’ representatives, strategic account planning and direct major customer account management.
- Sales experience for LCD display, EMI shielding or optical based products preferred.
- 3+ years of successful inside sales experience, with a strong phone presence.
- International sales experience preferred.
- Active member in job related societies (e.g., SID, SPIE) preferred.
- Maintenance of professional and technical knowledge as evidenced by attendance at educational workshops and reviewing professional and company industry related publications.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written, including presentation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful; mature
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Commitment to Dontech’s Mission Statement and a strong team player
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated sound administrative, management and leadership skills related to principles and people
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
Citizenship requirements in compliance with ITAR (either US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is mostly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift up to 15 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus necessary to properly resolve the details of optical displays and components.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee will occasionally be required to wear the appropriate safety equipment, including but not limited to protective eyewear and gloves. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may occasionally be above normal. Some travel may be required (e.g., to support trade shows).
Dontech's Benefits Package for Full-Time Regular employees includes:
Medical (or opt-out)
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible spending accounts for health care and/or dependent care savings
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Dontech Inc. is located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, north of Philadelphia in Central Bucks County.
700 Airport Blvd.
Doylestown, PA 18902
Apply through this site, by fax to 215-348-0932, by mail to above listed address, or stop by between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to complete an application. Brief, initial, on-the-spot interviews will be offered when feasible.
Resumes sent by mail, fax, or e-mail (other than directly through this posting) MUST INCLUDE COVER LETTER which states salary history/requirements and the names and contact information of three professional references who would be willing to call us on your behalf. Those applying through this posting must provide this same information by answering the attached screener questions. Thank you for your adherence to this requirement.
Dontech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO / AA / M / F / Vets / Disabled
Citizenship requirements in compliance with ITAR (either US Citizen or Permanent Resident).
Minimum 18 years of age
Resumes without salary requirements may not be considered.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Dontech Inc., please call 215-348-5010 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Dontech is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment posting, so no phone calls or e-mails please. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee via e-mail, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dontech Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.