To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Billerica, MA
- Nate Skow
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Information Technology
HireNexus • Billerica, MA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director of Information Technology
I am working with a healthcare manufacturing organization that is seeking a Director of Information Technology.
The Director of IT is a new position to the company, and will be responsible for leading the strategic and tactical technological direction for the Company; ensuring the delivery of focused transaction processing systems that will enable the growth of the company while driving down costs through the use of contemporary hardware/virtual strategies and maintaining a stable, high availability environment. This role will require an executive who is capable of forming a strategic vision for a unified and integrated IT department and bringing it into reality in a timely manner. The first key project will be to work with Project Managers to lead the design and implementation of a new ERP system and serving as the company system expert while also developing functional area super users.
Reporting to the CFO/CEO (TBD), the Dir of IT will lead and develop a geographically dispersed team of ERP users and will be responsible for ERP system integrations on newly acquired companies. . As a member of the management team, the Dir of IT will partner with the CFO, the management team, and operating leaders in managing the company’s ongoing evolution and growth. This Dir of IT will ensure that the company is a technology leader in its space delivering differentiated value to internal and external stakeholders alike.
This organization has plans for future acquisitions. It will be critical for the Dir of IT to inform the company’s short and long-term strategies, ensuring that all IT offerings are working in synergy with the overarching business planning and objectives. He/she must manage the technical vision of the company and lead the implementation of that vision by continuing to build a well-defined technical plan that is both achievable and growth-oriented. In addition, the Dir of IT will be responsible for developing plans, policies and standards for acquiring, implementing and operating IT systems and other technology assets.
Responsibilities will include the following:
1. Hands on ERP and Business systems intelligence expert in a manufacturing and distribution environment. Designs, develops, troubleshoots, optimizes system capabilities and processes and creates complex system reports required by the business while developing super users in each functional area of the business. Leads the business into the most effective and efficient use of the system.
2. Acquisition systems integration ensuring the IT frameworks of multiple entities is unified and optimized.
3. Provide focused, business-minded IT leadership, emphasizing IT’s measurable contribution to business success and business metrics (revenue growth, profitability, market share, customer service, expense, etc.). Direct experience with IT planning and budget management is required.
4. Recruit, motivate and develop a superior staff as required to fulfill Company needs. Build and lead a talented, flexible, responsive world-class systems organization that has a high sense of urgency, is customer-oriented and exceptionally responsive.
5. Operationalize IT processes across the company. Determine where new development is required versus implementing packaged solutions. Rationalize the enterprise application suite to improve functionality, eliminate redundancies, and reduce cost.
6. Experience with add-on integration. Driving the technology integration for multiple acquisitions.
7. Establish credibility throughout the organization, and set an example as a proactive senior leader and change agent who earns respect by demonstrating a sound understanding of business objectives and goals.
8. Oversee the deployment of company-wide technology standards spanning both applications and infrastructure. The VP of IT must ensure compliance with corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
9. Upgrade the infrastructure supporting critical operational systems and create an active management platform that will provide greater communication and real-time data for hundreds of field representatives ensuring that they have access to real-time operational and transactional data, including VoIP.
10. Oversee the company’s network infrastructure and provide security, regulatory compliance and provision for disaster recovery. Maintain security of all data proprietary to the company and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster.
11. Evaluate, select, and implement new technology needed to support the company, including relevant mobile and imaging technologies.
12. Identify opportunities to enhance revenue and/or reduce costs through finding the right balance of internal and external IT team members and resources.
- Fifteen or more years of hands on ERP systems development and reporting experience in a medical device manufacturing environment, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and other Business Intelligence systems.
- Five years of experience managing IT service providers.
- Experience integrating the various IT platforms of acquired companies into a cohesive, unified system would be very valuable given future potential acquisition activity.
- Experience in the building out of IT teams that are able to execute quickly and effectively but with big-picture business objectives in mind that align to the vision of senior company management. Ability to strike the right balance of onshore and offshore resources in these teams to maximize company ROI in this function.
- Prior experience with ERP system selection and implementation, CRM (esp. Salesforce.com) and Office 365 preferred.
- Prior direct software development management experience preferred. Knowledge of security and control frameworks, such as SSAE 16, ISO 17799, COBIT, COSO and ITIL and relevant
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
I was very impressed with Nate’s attention to detail and making sure I had as much information and guidance as possble prior to my phone interview. His comments helped understand the employer’s perspective better.
Bruce, Chief Operating Officer in Kentucky