To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo Niagara Region, NY
- Natalie Kress
- Phone: 716-636-0070
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Plant and Operations Manager, Metals and Machining
TxMQ, Inc. • Buffalo Niagara Region, NY
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY: Our client in Western NY is searching for a qualified candidate with the right foundation of experience to take on the role of Plant Manager in their small, fast growing manufacturing operation. This is a US Operation / Division of a large international manufacturer. The hiring company is potentially open to an experienced Operations Manager or even a Technical / Engineering leadership level that is looking to take that next step up into Plant Management and have the opportunity for continued growth and advancement. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving manufacturing company that can offer a broad variety of career paths and substantial growth potential!
REPORTING TO: North American Process Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Engineers, Maintenance, Technicians, Office personnel
- The energetic and highly motivated Plant Manager will bring his/her technical and operations, machining and leadership background to this small, rapidly growing plant operation and hold a broad scope of responsibilities.
- The Plant Manager will receive support from a Technical Lead who will work between this plant and other locations providing assistance and support on the technical aspects of the equipment side as the new Plant Manager comes up to speed. The Plant Manager will directly supervise a small group of employees that include Engineers, Maintenance Supervisors, Technicians and Office staff.
- The Plant Manager will need to be able to adapt and learn within a fast growing operation that will likely include mergers and acquisitions, as this international company is anticipating opening a number of new facilities, so new, fresh ideas and energy will be welcomed in this role. There is much anticipated growth in this role, both horizontally and vertically.
- The Plant Manager will plan, organize and direct the manufacturing operations consistent with company goals and objectives to attain key performance metrics and operational targets, stay ahead of trends and potential areas for improvement,
- The Plant Manager will ensure goals are met within the team, encourage the use of new techniques, maintain practices and processes consistent with the plant’s Quality, Compliance and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- BS Degree in relative discipline, ideally technical.
- 10+ years experience in manufacturing or machining operations, with a minimum of 3-5 in leadership of teams / operations or management, ideally within the Automotive or Automotive Supplier industry and/or with Screw Machining operations. Familiarity with ISO 14001, TS 16949, or IATF 16949 certs.
- A highly motivated and energetic individual that is fully capable of leading and running a small plant with responsibility over the location’s operation and support staff in technical and operations. High energy level, positive attitude a must. Must foster an environment of optimism, learning, and continuous improvement.
- Leadership background within a machining operation or machine shop type environment and a strong understanding at the technical level of machining operations.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, proven organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must be able to learn, grow and adapt, bring creativity and new ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with team, vendors, corporate management, etc.
- Strong PC skills
- Any experience with mergers, acquisitions and/or working for a manufacturer that also has international locations ideal.
- Experience with the implementation of lean initiatives, continuous process improvement, Project Management methodologies and overall operational efficiencies desired.
- Additional competencies to include a knowledge and understanding of some of the following aspects of plant and operations management - sales and engineering, costing and budgeting, supply chain, purchasing, planning and scheduling, human resources, workforce development, EH&S and negotiation skills from a strategic standpoint and how to leverage toward quality, reliability, cost, and efficiency of the plant operations, as well as understanding the assets of the plant.
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and includes match on 401k and a major medical policy that is 100% paid by the company without personal matching requirements, holiday, vacation and more!
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration.
- Due to regulations and requirements within the industry, all candidates for consideration must be classified as a US Person which includes US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, Green Card Holder, etc. and must be able to pass a Background Investigation as a part of the pre-employment process.
- EOE/AA Minority/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Female/Disability/Veteran
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions