To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1602 Main Street
East Hartford, CT 06108
- Martin Brickel
- Phone: 860-569-5970
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hamilton Connections • East Hartford, CT
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Hiring Manager is engaged in understanding staffing requirements, recruiting, screening, interviewing and hiring the most qualified candidate for open positions.
Reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Manufacturing Operations
· Work with various departments to identify new positions and/or the need to upgrade certain positions.
· Work with the appropriate supervisor or manager to create a job description, interview questions, interview report card, and to profile what a desired candidate would be.
· Review applicant resumes, screen potential candidates and move to next step in hiring process as appropriate based upon position.
· Coordinate, schedule and participate in interviews with perspective candidates.
· Coordinate or perform reference checks and background checks on perspective employees.
· Develop skills testing methods for candidates and administer testing as appropriate.
· Post job ads on recruiting websites such as CareerBuilder, ZipRecruiter, Monster, social media, local websites and send to recruitment companies.
· Attend, exhibit, and/or participate at job fairs and other recruiting events.
· Form new partnerships with recruitment agencies, headhunters, executive search firms, universities, high schools and other entities that have potential employee pools.
· Maintain the open job pages on the company’s website and LinkedIn profile.
· Meet with supervisors and managers daily, weekly or biweekly as appropriate to discuss their current and future staffing needs.
· Periodically review position pay ranges and research industry standards and competitive environment to allow the company to attract the top talent.
· Participate in developing performance based incentives plans based upon position.
· Continually work to improve the hiring process by developing and implementing metrics.
· Expand the hiring department as needed and dictated by business needs to add direct recruiters and other staff.
· Work with HR Manager to develop seamless process for onboarding and handoff.
· Assist in training and other Human Resource matters and company matters as required.
· Other tasks as required.
· At least 3 years prior applicable/hiring experience.
· Ability to travel as required.
· Ability to work different, extended or weekend hours as required.
· Ability to communicate and listen.
· Ability to document people’s needs.
· Ability to make decisions without emotion or bias.
· Ability to work with a diverse group of people, personalities and abilities.
· Attendance and punctuality are a must as the Hiring Manager is vital to the rest of the company.
· Must have a positive attitude in order to motivate the personnel and be able to lead by example
· This position is from 7:00am to 4:30pm each week day with additional work including weekend work as required.
· Basic competencies for the job are; leadership, technical capacity, learning and training, performance management, delegation, reporting, paper work, communication proficiency, teamwork, ethical conduct, financial management and collaboration.
· A large part of this job is spent working in an office which includes utilizing Microsoft outlook, Excel and Word and maintaining detailed, accurate, up to date files as well as sending reports.