To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
201 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CBRE/New England • Boston, MA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOIN A WORLD-CLASS COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE COMPANY IN BOSTON!
Be a part of the largest third party property management operations in New England at the iconic class ‘A’ high-rise One Boston Place tower in Boston! CBRE/New England (CBRE/NE) Asset Services manages a 29 million square foot office, industrial and retail portfolio. This portfolio is comprised of 190+ properties. In managing this collection of properties, we provide services to 65+ clients and nearly 1,275+ tenants.
Become a member of an award-winning team!
The newest member of our team at One Boston Place will perform general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Working under close supervision, will assist in monitoring building system operations and performance, and utilize several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Perform daily operation and maintenance of all mechanical equipment for the proper operation of the building, ensuring class “A" quality of all operations and equipment.
- Report to lead mechanic/engineer in maintaining list of materials used and time consumed in the general maintenance of building projects.
- Answer tenant service request calls and make adjustments as needed, maintaining positive tenant relations.
- Assist building staff in trouble shooting and performing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, etc. building repairs.
- Maintain the building log book and input daily activities.
- Capable of interpreting complex mechanical/electrical drawings/schematics for trouble shooting and repairs.
- Possess interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with tenants, vendors, and other members of the maintenance team.
- Understand and analyze building systems, and their components, that deliver and maintain the environment of the facility.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on building equipment as directed by lead mechanic/engineer.
- Assists in complying with all City, State and Federal safety and environmental laws, codes, standards and regulations.
- Perform periodic inspections of building operating equipment, grounds, and public areas. Report any safety violations to the lead mechanic/engineer.
- Visually inspect, listen, use tools and test equipment to detect, document and repair operating problems, malfunctions and defective parts on the facility machinery and system components and control elements.
- Responsible for the entry of any pre-scheduled maintenance performed by him/her in the maintenance records.
What we look for
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in office buildings preferred, including experience in the operation of HVAC equipment, electrical systems, generators, fan systems, air distribution, plumbing, pumping systems and heat pumps.
- A high school diploma or related school training is required.
- Must have the ability to work rotating shifts and be able to work overtime schedule or unscheduled, in the event of an emergency.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have the capability to maintain, adjust, calibrate, repair and replace automatically controlled mechanical equipment, such as valves, louvers, vanes, mixing boxes, etc.
- Must be able to work in harmony with all other trade positions, senior management on any project and can act as a leader or helper to any operator, mechanic or tradesman as may be necessary.
- Basic computer skills are required.
CBRE/NE is a strategic joint venture between Whittier Partners Group—the largest full-service commercial real estate services company in New England—and CBRE, the largest commercial real estate services company in the world. This joint venture combines national resources with regional control and ownership to offer our clients a balanced service platform and superior client service.
Headquartered in Boston, CBRE/NE covers all of New England’s major markets: Boston, Providence, Hartford, New Haven, Manchester, Portsmouth and Portland. The CBRE/New England entity, which has existed in Boston since 1900 with the founding of C.W. Whittier Bro., has evolved and grown by acquisition throughout the New England region. Today, CBRE/NE sets a new performance benchmark for the commercial real estate industry by offering a complete spectrum of real estate services to our clients.
- Winner of eight Building of the Year & Manager of the Year awards in 2016
- ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence award – U.S. EPA
- 16 LEED-APs and LEED Green Associates on staff plus one “Green Knight"
- 16 USGBC LEED-certified properties in Greater Boston
- 12 BOMA 360-certified properties
- Boston Business Journal Green Workplace award
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
CBRE/New England is committed to an inclusive environment that: reflects the clients we serve; provides everyone with the opportunity to succeed; values the differences of each individual; and recognizes their contributions to our firm’s success. EOE