To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6585 Crescent Drive
Norcross, GA 30071
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Compliance Coordinator
Ole Mexican Foods Inc • Norcross, GA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This role you will report to the National Transportation Manager and will assist with the coordination and compliance of company DOT regulations including, maintaining driver qualification (DQ) files, monitoring and reporting CSA scores, and tracking and ensuring the closure of violations and/or citations. Supporting multiple locations, you will be tasked with the coordination and administration of permits, State DOT accounts, UCR, MCS-150 and related items. This role is an important and challenging opportunity as part of the Transportation team.
- Manages and maintains all driver qualification (DQ) and related files in a secure and confidential manner, including establishing and maintaining a separate DQ file for each driver
- Reviews and processes all driver qualification documents for accuracy and completeness
- Requests and reviews background investigation reports such as MVR’s, and PSP reports
- Track all driver credentials (License, and Medical Cards, etc.) and send renewal notification reports to Supervisors and Managers as they become due
- Maintains an Electronic Login Devices (ELD) – on a weekly and monthly basis that captures – system knowledge, monitors driver activity, sends trends to managers and alerts the team to severe violations
- Creates a monthly Driver Safety Scorecard for company distribution
- Performs Annual Review process to include request for MVR’s and distribution/collection of certificates of violation
- Calls driver safety performance history checks and DOT drug/alcohol history check
- Verifies DVIR is complete and accurate
- Tracks and maintains all DOT required training records
- Coordinating driver information including DQ files, MVR etc.
- DOT Compliance: 3 years
- Conducts periodic self-auditing of all DOT driver qualification files and records to ensure compliance
- Maintains Driver list (DOT/Non-DOT) including a weekly report on the status of all driving employees, their eligible driving status, upcoming expirations and MVR’s.
- Maintains a Vehicle Master List, by location and for items such as vehicle maintenance files, fleet registrations etc.
- Tracks CSA Scores
- Real-time tracking, captured by area/ location
- Trends and trend analysis including – violators – etc.
- Monthly updates
- Violations & Corrections tracking
- 25% Travel to multiple DC
- Assisting the National Transportation Manager administering write-ups/coaching and suggesting driver remedial training.
- Assist National Transportation Manager on past due PM’s
- Training and certifying forklift drivers.
- Training DC Managers, Supervisors, and Drivers regarding DOT and Safe driving.
- Assist the National Transportation Manager handle all local (Norcross) Transportation, coaching and training needs.
- Serve as a liaison with Ryder regarding all local truck, rental, PM and breakdown needs
- Minimum 3-5 years’ DOT Compliance Coordination experience.
- High School Diploma or higher + equivalent experience
- Fully conversant in DOT federal law and DOT regulations is essential. Thorough understanding of regulations as they apply to the transport of hazardous materials, reporting requirements of same, and all company related activities and documentation to ensure corporate compliance. Previous DOT audit experience critical.
- OSHA experience and Forklift Certification preferred but not required.
- State Specific DOT Knowledge – Previous experience managing DOT Compliance programs in TX essential, and CO / ND knowledge preferred.
- Technical Knowledge & Team Skills – Previous experience working as a DOT Compliance Coordinator in the energy/transportation sector. Previous experience working in close collaboration with JJ Keller, fleet personnel, and operations across multiple districts/locations and states is key.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational abilities are desired.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish a plus
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent benefits
- 401(k) program with company match
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License/CDL is a plus