To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carmel, IN
- Jason Torgersen
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Insurance Verification Representative
SCA • Carmel, IN
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Within Surgical Care Affiliates, our revenue cycle teammates play a unique role. They connect with our patients, their insurers or bill payers and our physicians. In return, we offer a great benefits package including health and dental insurance options, PTO, 401K, and more. All of which begin on your first day of employment.
New college / university graduates are encouraged to apply to begin a career with a leader in the healthcare industry.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Specifically, you will work with our patients to verify their insurance coverage and patient financial responsibility prior to their procedure or surgery, contacting both patients and insurance companies over the phone and online. You will:
- Verify insurance prior to patient’s surgery or procedure
- Communicate with patients over the phone in a professional and customer service oriented manner
- Verify patient demographic information and update when necessary
- Contact insurance companies and verify coverage and eligibility
- Professionally communicate financial responsibility to patient and make arrangements for them to pay that amount
- Identify the difference between precertification and referral
- Consistently achieve defined metrics
- Minimum of one year experience working with healthcare or medical insurance verification, verifying insurance, or other related duties
In lieu of on-the-job experience---
- New or recent college and university graduates with a desire to work in a challenging position within the healthcare industry that have completed an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree will be considered
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Word
- Excellent phone and customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and customer service skills to communicate effectively with patients over the phone
- High school diploma, GED, related certificate/diploma of related training or Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to type 40 wpm or more
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to embrace SCA core company values: clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, teamwork, accountability, and continuous improvement