Edgewood is growing and looking for a Receptionist in Annandale, VA!
The ideal candidate will assist in maintaining an organized, efficient and professional office environment. Provide staff support in the form of clerical and related office services and services to customers over the phone, via email and in person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer the phone and accurately transfer calls or take detailed messages
- Perform all levels of customer service with owners, guests and vendors including prospective resident needs, basic resident questions/concerns, parking information and community policies
- Ensuring the lobby area, front entrance, entryway and other common areas are clean and organized at all times
- Ability to address upset or distraught customers and determine their specific needs in order to communicate an effective solution or seek the appropriate team member for assistance
- Administrative office functions as determined by the company, including, but not limited to, identifying office supply needs and purchasing, office cleanliness, making copies, etc
- Ensure proper distribution of resident notices
- Accept and enter maintenance service requests from residents and employees, provide status updates and follow up with appropriate team members for assistance
- Other duties as assigned
You must be proud of the environment you control. Candidates must be detail oriented and hard working. A positive attitude with a smile is a must, due to the fact that this role is a front line position to residents, other personnel and customers.
- Must be able to multitask and use a multiline telephone system
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person and by phone and email, with high professionalism
- Successful candidates will exhibit a demonstrable passion for high quality results and a can-do attitude
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
A minimum of 1 to 2 years of customer service experience. Property Management experience preferred.
- Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
- Ability to use Outlook, OneSite
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Minimum of basic Internet knowledge
- Must be capable of physically accessing all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights of up to 35lbs. independently and 75 lbs. with assistance.
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided through the corporate office and external sources as needed.
Edgewood provides superior real estate management and financial services to property owners. As well as creating quality housing in a service enriched community for our residents. We also offer our employees a safe, productive and supportive environment which embraces change and diversity.