To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clewiston, Fl
- Natalia Bohorquez
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
United States Sugar Corp • Clewiston, Fl
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION
Coordinate the overall safe operation of the train, including documentation and any speed or track restrictions.
Inform the crew of instructions received from the Clewiston Control Station concerning track permit updates, switching order, waybill information, and changes in stop.
Communicate with other train crews and M.O.W. employees via two-way radios and company cell phones as needed.
Input information into RAILS tablet as needed.
Observe schedules to ensure trains operate on time.
Give directions and signals to engineer and other crew members.
Replace broken knuckles on road as may be necessary.
Operate switches, handbrakes, coupling levers, and lace train air line hoses as needed.
Perform air brake test as required by operating rules and in accordance with the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations).
Inspect rail cars for defects and document any defects and report them to the Clewiston Control station.
Make appropriate response to emergency conditions or breakdowns in accordance with safety procedures, rules and company policy.
- Ability to read, speak and write English
- Ability to work with others and or alone with minimum supervision
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate information pertaining to the job
- Physically able to perform job functions such as:
- heavy lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, climbing and walking
- mount and dismount moving railroad equipment
- check switch points for proper alignment
- throw switches properly
- proper operation of hand brakes
- couple and uncouple equipment
- lace air hoses and replace air hose gasket
- maintain written documentation pertaining to the job
- Ability to maintain clear and proper communication by hand signals, radio and lantern with Engineer and other crew members
- Have knowledge of yard layout and railroad procedures
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations pertaining to the job
- Ability to follow proper safety and housekeeping procedures pertaining to the area
- Ability to work in changing outdoor/indoor environments
- Ability to work the posted schedule with shift work and overtime as necessary
- Ability to understand and pass FRA and SCFE written test with an 85% or better score
- Results from Company designated tests designed to measure basic skills, job skills, mechanical aptitude and/or other interests, skills and characteristics
- Competence performing some or all of the duties of the vacant position or of a related position
- Must have and maintain an active Driver's License
- Work record and disciplinary history
- Educational and previous work experience
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are
the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will be expected to follow
any other instructions, and perform any other duties, as may be required by supervision.