To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Orleans, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Operations Supervisor
Dupre Logistics • New Orleans, LA
Posted 12 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Dupre’ Logistics is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor for our office in New Orleans, LA to support our Dedicated business unit.
- Provide direct supervision of up to 40 professional drivers including scheduling, dispatching, safety and performance management
- Meeting customer service requirements, monitoring customer production schedules and proactive customer assistance
- Gathering and reporting key performance metrics
- Conduct on-going operational analysis to continuously improve customer operations
- Managing preventative maintenance program for all assigned equipment
The Operations Supervisor position is an entry level management position with the goal of becoming an Operations Manager. The Operations Supervisor works in a fast paced, 24 hour environment that is at the hub of activity in our business unit. Our Operations Supervisor assists the Operations Manager in managing the total expenses and the profit and loss statement while maintaining budget standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to provide direct supervision to professional drivers for the purpose of meeting customer service requirements and give on-going analysis to continuously improve total operations. The Operations Supervisor also provides safety management to driver personnel in the field which includes promoting processes established by the company’s loss prevention system.
Dupre’ Logistics is a fast growth transportation & logistics provider that is adding to our organization in order to meet and exceed these goals:
- provide safe service that’s profitable
- continue to profitably grow our business
- be the employer of choice
- be a career destination rather than a stepping stone on your career path
We have an excellent compensation package: very competitive salary based upon experience level you bring to the position, insurance, retirement, training, and opportunities for advancement.
- 1-2 years Transportation experience, required. Experience in dedicated contract carriage logistics is a plus
- A customer service, operations and/or industrial background is required
- Ability to effectively communicate with Dupré drivers, Folgers personnel, and outside vendors is required
- Hazmat experience is a plus
- College Degree, preferred but not required
- Must have a high level of self motivation, customer service skills, excellent organizational skills
- Data entry is a key component to this position, thus attention to detail is a must
- Computer skills: Database, Word, Excel – a must. AS400 experience, a plus