To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2720 Southwest Corbett Avenue
Portland, OR 97201
- Michelle Cattanach
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pence Construction • Portland, OR
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Project Engineer (PE) is responsible for assisting the projects teams with obtaining, evaluating, coordinating and distributing the information and authorizations needed to construct projects on time, within budget, safely, and with quality in partnership with the project team.
Field Management Duties
- Working knowledge of the contract documents including all drawings and specifications
- Clearly communicates and uses a collaborative approach so information is shared between relevant teams and trades.
- Participate in jobsite safety obligations including safety meetings, walks, and other related tasks.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets and exceeds the project’s expectations.
- Organize and complete job site filing.
- Enter timecard data.
- Take and record/save job site photographs.
- Review and maintain as-builts.
- Assist with project meetings including taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- Produce daily reports.
- Track labor productivity.
- Assist project team with shop drawing and submittal review.
- Produce placement drawings for self-preform crews.
- Assist project team with development and enforcement of project schedule.
- Misc. field quality assurance and quality controls tasks as assigned by the project team (i.e. field measurement verification, erosion control review, envelope review and documentation, pre-cover verification and documentation, etc.)
- Assist / manage project closeout (i.e. securing final jurisdictional approvals, punch list, owner training, final cleaning, closeout documentation, etc.)
- Responsible for managing, maintaining, coordinating, organizing, tracking, updating, and/or expediting the flow of project information as required.
- Assists Project Manager (PM) with change management process tracking and mitigating all cost liabilities.
- Assist Project Manager with constructing project budget.
- Assist Project Manager with project forecasting/project reviews.
- Assist Project Manager with project invoicing, both subcontractor/supplier and owner billing.
- Manage submittal process to ensure conformance to the contract documents and timely procurement of materials so as to maintain quality and schedule.
· Manage RFI process, reviewing all RFI’s for potential cost / schedule impacts and mitigate those liabilities accordingly in concert with the project team.
· Work with project team to prepare scope of work instructions, technical requirements and bid packages for subcontractor and vendor items.
- Aid in obtaining competitive pricing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
- Support project team with quantity take offs and estimating.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals.
- Organize sub-contractor’s quotations and insure quotes meet contract documents.
Contract and Scope
- Assists Project Manager to prepare subcontractor and vendor scopes of work.
- Produce Contract exhibits.
- Assist Project Manager in review of Owner Contracts.
- Draft SPO, SPO-PO and Master Agreement requests at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and Exhibits.
- Ensure contracts and proposals are properly entered and organized.
- Ensure Subcontractor and Vendor are compliant.
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Engineering Management or similar degree
At least 2 years of applicable construction experience preferred
Experience with construction software platforms preferred
Computer literate with excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Outlook, Word)
Strong written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented
Strong organizational and time management skills
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Understanding of plans and schematics
Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Advanced critical thinking and judgment skills
Must be available to work flexible hours. Work hours will be consistent with a Project Engineer in the construction industry.
Works occasionally in a typical office environment but spends majority of time on job sites where work is done in a job trailer or outside in a construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Is required to lift 25lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally. Must be able to work for long periods of time in front of a computer.
Equal Opportunity Employer