To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sayreville, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Drayage Trucking Sales Executive
3PLRecruiters • Sayreville, NJ
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Drayage Trucking Sales Executive
Our client is a mid-sized third-party logistics (3PL) company based in New Jersey, providing asset-based trucking and freight brokerage services. It seeks to hire a Drayage Trucking Sales Executive in Sayreville, NJ for outside sales of drayage trucking and freight brokerage services. The company has 10 drayage drivers and equipment and a growing freight brokerage office.
The Drayage Trucking Sales Executive is responsible for identifying new business targets, sales promotion, direct sales and contracting. It collaborates with Operations personnel on pricing and customer service. A qualified candidate will have prior outside transportation sales and freight brokerage experience with demonstrated success in developing customer accounts.
- Coordinate complete sales cycle process including prospect list initiation, lead generation, prospect qualification, analysis, pricing, negotiation, proposal preparation and presentation(s), contract signing, start-up and customer service follow-up after the sale.
- Call on existing and prospective new customers, mainly via outside sales visits.
- Identify new shipper targets for business development with major account potential.
- Connect with executive transportation services decision-makers.
- Engage in discussions of customer business requirements and challenges and develop service solutions.
- Respond to bid and quotation requests for drayage trucking and freight brokerage in a timely manner.
- Work with Operations to create rate quotes and service proposals.
- Maintain the CRM database of contacts, prospects and the new business pipeline.
- Implement company’s growth strategy, including staffing, revenue goals, carrier development and margins.
- Contributing Lean Manufacturing knowledge, participate in Kaizen events, and coordinate resources to imp
- At least 5 years of outside transportation sales experience (asset and/or non-asset based)
- Knowledge of regional ports and major traffic lanes, as well as competitive carrier rates.
- Proven track record of direct sales, pricing and negotiation, and closing new business service contracts.
- Ability to develop shipper targets for business development with major account potential.
- Motivation to self-manage and continuously contact shippers, and maintain a sales pipeline.
- Demonstrated understanding of consultative sales approach and selling transportation services.
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems a plus.
- Capable user of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Strong communications skills, with a positive and engaging personality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and using the Internet.
- Willingness to travel within the sales’ territory for 4 to 5 days per week.
- College degree preferred, but not required, especially in Supply Chain Management or Business Management.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.