To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lubbock, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Pearl Hospitality • Lubbock, TX
Posted 10 days ago
Experience - At least 2 year(s)
Degree - High School
Manufacturing, Hotel - Resort, Food
Hospitality - Hotel, Restaurant - Food Service
A Pearl Executive Chef reports directly to the Food & Beverage Director and is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the Pearl culture within the Food & Beverage department for Pearl Hospitality. A Pearl Executive Chef must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The Executive Chef is responsible for the successful operation of the Food & Beverage department. The Executive Chef must ensure that the kitchen is continually balanced, while focusing on providing exceptional food presentation and quality that is prepared properly with the freshest ingredients. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Executive Chef must drive results through effective training, coaching, leading, motivating, empowering and following through with all the associates. The Executive Chef must ensure maximization of profitability by controlling food costs and by maintaining proper inventory controls. The Executive Chef must ensure that our associates and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
Responsibilities - (not limited to)
- Foster the Pearl culture
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Co-Conduct Pearl required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Manage and lead the Kitchen associates to inspire loyalty and deliver the highest performance
- Manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food
- Ensure Kitchen is safe and a sanitary work environment with conforms to all standards and regulations
- Direct the daily operations including room service, banquets, breakfast and manager's reception
- Continually analyze and control the labor and food costs to meet/exceed budget objectives
- Develop and implement menus and back-up to continually improve revenues and profit
- Ensure that all department associates maintain the utmost cleanliness of kitchen and food storages
- Train all personnel to deliver the best product at the highest brand and procedural standards
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
- Effectively create a weekly schedule that reflects the occupancy for effective cost control
- Execute and promote Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Ensure approved uniforms are being worn at all times including proper glove and hair containment
- Maintain a safe working environment through compliance of safety and health department guidelines
- Ensure that all personnel are current with Servsafe certification and TABC certification
- Maintain fast and accurate room service
- Ensure all food is delivered with the proper food quality and proper temperature
- Ensure all food equipment is maintained and properly serviced
- Ensure the kitchen, food storages and preparation areas are kept in compliance to all standards
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
- Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
Job ID: Hilton Garden Inn
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.