Community Credit Union of Florida (CCU) has a long, rich history in Brevard County of making a positive impact in its member’s lives by providing quality products, financial education and excellent member service. Our culture is one of family, compassion and collaboration, which aids in developing and building positive relationships, both internally and externally, to provide growth, loyalty and financial well-being. At CCU, we are continuously seeking individuals who are energetic, highly motivated and want to make a difference in the lives of our members and the community.
How is your company improving lives? At Community Credit Union, we continually strive to make a difference in our employee’s lives, both professionally and personally, by offering a world class, highly competitive compensation and benefits package. Unlike most companies, CCU offers a pension plan that is fully funded by the credit union and provides up to 35% of an employee’s salary upon retirement. We also provide a generous 401(k) that matches up to 50% of up to 6% of an employee’s contribution; 100% paid health, dental, life insurance, AD&D, and long term disability for the employee; 100% tuition assistance; vacation and sick leave. Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
We are currently advertising for a Branch Consumer Lender position to be based at each of our Rockledge and Titusville branches. The incumbent is responsible for providing assistance to members and support for other related branch activities and services. The incumbent is responsible for opening, processing, maintaining and closing all types of accounts, products, and services and performing the associated clerical functions; assisting members with their selection of products and services and educating members on the benefits of the products offered by the credit union; conducting oneself in a professional, friendly manner with an emphasis on member education and quality of service; and providing assistance to members and support for other related branch activities.
- Provides service to members or prospective members regarding selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the credit union, including deposit accounts and consumer loans, which may include but is not limited to: installment, credit card, signature, etc. Operates within loan authority granted and seeks assistance from management and/or senior lenders when needed.
- Interviews members to determine whether they meet the criteria for the products or services requested, establishes proper identification and the need and extent of reference investigation. Makes decisions regarding the opening of new accounts, prepares all documents and items pertaining to accounts and processes according to policy and procedure.
- Effectively interviews members to determine member meets lending criteria qualifications for the products or services by obtaining credit reports, verification of employment/income, etc. Processes and approves or rejects loan applications. Administers approved loans, establishes relevant files, obtains pertinent information or reports as required. Ensures loan activities are completed in a timely fashion and conform to the established policies and practices of the credit union.
- Performs the following activities as needed or required: obtains credit report, verifications of employment/income, completes fraud claims, opening accounts, assisting members and processing affiliated reports; funds transfers, orders for check and deposit slips, various loan and teller transactions, and file maintenance as needed.
- Assists with telephone support by responding to member inquiries and problems in a professional, timely manner; follows up on inquiries with informational materials and/or phone contact; investigates and corrects errors and resolves problems or other issues; helps members to utilize electronic delivery channels for convenience.
- Maintains on-going communication with the immediate supervisor and others directly related, advising of all pertinent problems, irregularities, new developments, changes and other important information within their area of responsibility.
Adheres to security controls policy and procedures to aid in detection and prevention of fraud, theft, robberies, threats of violence, fires, accidents, and facility safety.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and works on projects as assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position.
Associate’s degree (AA) from college; two (2) or more years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent
combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution operations, exceptional customer service and sales background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
Intermediate to advanced experience and knowledge of operation activities, terminology, products and services; related state and federal compliance regulations and operational policies. Prior lending experience is highly preferred.
Intermediate skills in computer operation; word processing, spreadsheet and software programs. Intermediate typing skills to meet the production needs of the position. Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to members and employees.
Effective organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task, the ability to work with limited supervision while performing duties.
Must be a team player, but also able to work alone and self-manage; Multi-tasking and attention to detail are critical in this role.
Attention To Detail
Practical And Pragmatic