JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
Under minimum supervision, may perform mechanical assembly which is typically highly complex and requires fitting, aligning or adjusting of components and/or assemblies to close tolerance. Work may require knowledge of the following: hydraulics, pneumatics, fluids, and/or electronic principals with some soldering expertise. Will perform troubleshooting, tear down analysis and rework operations. May also be trained/proficient in Clean Room techniques. May perform various marking operations using machines, hand stamp and electro etching equipment. Performs all other duties as assigned.
REPORTING STRUCTURE AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Reports directly to the Value Stream Leader. Key internal partners are other Assembly / Test employees, Manufacturing Engineers, and Quality Engineers.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Actual Business Environment:
This position must be able to insure that products are assembled with zero defects in accordance with customer requirements. Customer instructions must be followed unless approval is given to override customer specifications due to special circumstances.
Nature of Interaction with Others:
This position communicates and relates information to leads, management, and other employees of the organization.
Nature of Equipment and Tool Usage:
Variety of hand tools (torque wrenches, measuring devices, etc.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Percentage of Time:
Perform mechanical assembly and testing of low to moderate complexity
Regular attendance is necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
From time to time, the incumbent’s supervisor/manager may assign additional unlisted duties/responsibilities on a temporary or regular basis depending on business needs, and will periodically review the job description for accuracy.
FREQUENCY CHART: Continuously on the production floor
Rarely: Up to 15% of shift
Occasionally: Over 15% up to 40%
Frequently: Over 40% up to 70%
Continuously: Over 70%
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
Education: Some high school or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of 3 years practical application.
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires good manual dexterity and the ability to work with detailed blueprints, procedures, assembly sketches or other written/verbal instructions of simple complexity.
- Basic math skills needed to be able to calculate simple percentages regarding adjustment of set pressures.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral , diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists.
- Perform moderate trouble shooting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to embrace change and participate in continuous improvement activity.
- lity to balance other business considerations.
1st shift 6am to 2:30pm
Steel toe boots required- (Must pass background, drug, Prove-it Basic English Must have a 80% or better)
Assemble Mechanical Component
Use Hand Tool
Use Pneumatic Tool