ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is looking to add a Collections Specialist to the Accounting Team. The company has an immediate need and would like someone who can hit the ground running in collections. Great training and strong mentoring by the accounting team is to be expected.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST
The Collections Specialist manages a specific portfolio of accounts; utilizing phone calls, emails, and interpersonal communications to insure that Accounts Receivable are collected in accordance with standardized metrics and DSO.
- Make regularly scheduled collection calls when accounts become delinquent (invoices aged beyond 30 days)
- Maintain a good follow up system to insure promises to pay are met and accounts are not neglected.
- Annotate accounts from all calls so that a history is maintained for all accounts regarding collections efforts.
- Review over payments and short payments and resolve in a timely manner by requesting a credit memo or issuing a refund.
- Prepare write – offs according to the department and company policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE COLLECTIONS COORDINATOR ROLE:
Please email resume for immediate consideration.
- 3+ years of B2B Collections in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Ability to positively and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Proven successful results, in meeting or exceeding established collections goals resulting in a reduction of DSO and Bad Debt.
- Display effective interpersonal skills with all levels of employees.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple and changing responsibilities.
- Strong integrity and work ethic are critical; as is the ability to have fun and work in an engaging, highly collaborative team environment.
- Strong Excel skills, Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Experience with various collections software platforms
Keywords: collections, commercial collections, collector
Hardworking And Dedicated
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. Since our founding in 1994, CFS has established 30+ offices in the United States and the Caribbean.
View the full profile
Understanding & delivering: With more than two decades of experience, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Locating and hiring accounting, finance & IT professionals is our specialty.
Highly qualified professionals at every level: We are committed to recruiting top talent for our clients, ranging from entry to senior level professionals. To develop a list of quality candidates, we conduct a rigorous screening process involving personal interviews, professional reference checks, and employment/degree verification.
Personal attention: Time and time again our clients commend us on our individual focus and service. Client and recruit satisfaction is the most important part of our business, and we work hard to ensure that each placement we make is the absolute best.
Interested in learning more about our current opportunities? Join our talent network today!