To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
850 Main Street
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Product Manager
People's United Bank • Bridgeport, CT
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
People’s United Bank is a subsidiary of People’s United Financial, Inc., a diversified financial services company with over $40+ billion in assets. Founded in 1842, we are a premier, community-based, regional bank in the Northeast offering commercial and retail banking, as well as wealth management services through a network of over 400 retail locations in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
The Product Manager position will be responsible for supporting the TM
Product Management team on assigned commercial products. This position will work
closely with Product Associates and provide guidance with respect to day to day
product management and project management initiatives as assigned. This position
will serve as the subject matter expert and support internal service partners
across functional groups such as Sales, Customer Service and Operations. This
position should have previous experience in end-to-end product management and
knowledge of Treasury Management products and services.
• Responsible for the day to day management of 1-2 like product solutions in a comprehensive front to back approach
• Ensures compliance with all laws and regulations associated with the delivery of assigned products and services
• Responsible for understanding the impact of regulatory changes to the product set and driving the necessary modifications to ensure compliance
• Generates financial, operational and product usage data using various resources to identify trends and variances to effectively manage products
• Shared ownership and accountability to drive increased growth and profitability of an individual product based on approved marketing and bank-level strategies
• Shared ownership for new product initiatives/projects from conception to launch
• Shared ownership and execution on approved product improvements and enhancements along with end of life product strategies
• Builds critical partnerships with key service partners (Sales, Operations, RM’s, Marketing, Legal, Risk/Compliance, etc.)
• Serves as primary subject matter expert (SME) in terms of industry focus/market competition for the product set
• Provides pre and post-sales support by providing customer demos, RFP Q&A responses, customer training, on-going product support, etc.
• Works with Product Analyst/Associate to ensure all components of client readiness, and colleague readiness (pre-launch activities which require participation from multiple stakeholders – Sales, Implementation, Client Services, Operations, Marketing, etc.)
• Ensures the smooth rollout of new products and/or services to customers
• Supports post implementation tasks such as training and production problem investigation, escalation and resolution
• Responsible for the development of internal and external product guides, user manuals, customer communications, etc.
• Assists with cross functional team members to create detailed business requirements for system changes, business requirements and functional specifications for new/existing products
• Under the guidance of management is responsible for M&A activities as they pertain to the individual product
In today’s highly competitive job market, People’s United Bank recognizes the need to attract, reward, and retain talented employees. That’s why we provide a comprehensive, competitive and innovative benefits program.
• BA/BS, MA or MBA preferred
• 3-5 years relevant work experience
Behavior and technical skills:
• Excellent time management skills
• Self-starter: forward thinking, not reactive
• Strong analytical skills/financial acumen
• Displays positive, can-do attitude
• Broad and deep experience with treasury and cash management products and services
• Understanding of the operational and service sides of the business, as well as markets and financials
• Ability to communicate at all levels within a large organization
• Demonstrated understanding of product development life cycle
• Proven ability to translate business needs for the benefit of Sales and our clients
• Demonstrates the ability to create strategic plans and lay out a strategic course of action to drive future business growth for a specific product
• Has a detailed understanding of the client needs that drive product usage and utilizes that information to differentiate PUB
• Demonstrates the ability to translate client needs into marketable product features
• Builds strong and effective relationships within PUB
• Develops, implements and communicates measures of product quality and performance with buy-in from partners
• Possesses in depth understanding of competitors and competitive position and uses that information to recommend competitive advantage
• Possesses in depth understanding of revenue drivers and effectively utilizes revenue drivers to drive higher levels of growth
• Possesses in-depth and comprehensive information about a particular product
• Expert in the delivery, market value and industry position of a product