To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Haven, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Finance and Administration (Non-Profit)
Creative Financial Staffing • New Haven, CT
Posted 16 days ago
Experience - At least 5 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Accounting - Finance, Not for Profit - Charitable
Accounting, Management, Finance
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About the Company
Our client, located in New Haven, Connecticut, is a great non-profit looking for a Director of Finance and Administration to join there team, due to their current Director having retired from the role.
This is an incredible opportunity for a qualified, motivated and talented finance leader to oversee, plan, and steward the organization and provide human resource support to the organization's staff.
The position is directly responsible for all financial and accounting aspects of the organization, as well as overseeing and assuring excellent human resource administration information systems and office administration services. S/he manages administrative and financial personnel; prepares, monitors, and interprets financial reports; facilitates budget planning, identifies problems, and advocates solutions. The position reports to the President, and is a member of the Management Team.
Job Responsibilities of the Director of Finance and Administration
As a Director of Finance and Administration, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounting department including general ledger, financial reporting, process cost accounting, inventory control, accounts payable and receivable, and regulatory filings.
Specific duties in this financial management role include:
- Achieving accounting operational objectives preparing and completing action plans, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing changes
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close along with the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- consolidation, and evaluation of financial data as well as preparing special reports
- Supervise and direct AP, AR and general accounting functions
- Confirming financial status monitoring revenue and expenses, coordinating the collection,
- Working with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives for each year as well as monitoring and advising on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Maintaining financial security by establishing internal controls
We are looking for an Director of Finance and Administration who combines a solid background in accounting and strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. You should be detail-oriented and have sound judgment and strong reasoning skills, as well as good analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific requirements for the Director of Finance and Administration include:
- Bachelor’s degree of Accounting or a related field, or equivalent business experience, CPA preferred
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance; hands-on accounting managerial experience preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Ability to lead, train and develop staff
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Public accounting experience, a plus
Please email resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: accounting, accounting manager, financial management, CPA, finance, financial analysis
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.