To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ewing Township, NJ
- Melissa Botley
- Phone: (732) 499-7200 x2574
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Branch Manager
Northfield Bank • Ewing Township, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Northfield Bank is a $3.7 billion full service bank with 38 branch locations throughout New Jersey; and Staten Island and Brooklyn, New York. With a history dating back to 1887, our growth continues through expansion of our presence in local communities and in our Product and Service offerings. Over 300 employees with diverse backgrounds and cultures have come together to make Northfield Bank what it is today. The Bank believes in providing all employees with the opportunity to reach their career potential and encourages advancement within the organization. For more information, please visit www.eNorthfield.com
Job Title: Assistant Branch Manager
Location: Ewing, NJ Region
In partnership with the Branch Manager, responsible for the efficient operation of the branch platform and teller area in compliance with Bank policies and procedures. Provide exceptional customer service to existing and potential customers. Contribute to achievement of branch goals by executing on sales opportunities and motivating staff to reach individual sales goals.
- Assume authority of daily branch operations when Branch Manager is not present:
- Assist and effectively handle all operational issues or branch-related matters. Responsible for making sound business decisions when addressing issues. Approve transactions, as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products and services to assist in answering questions from staff and customers
- In partnership with Branch Manager and Human Resources, manage the hiring, training and retention of staff. Also partner on terminations, when appropriate.
- Manage staff work schedules, including breaks, paid time off, and hours worked by part-timers to ensure adequate coverage of the Business Window. Approve timecards for branch employees.
- Cross train in all positions within branch and perform any operations duties, as needed, during peak periods or to maintain coverage, including teller functions
- Continually seek ways to improve branch operations and productivity to meet established goals
- Actively contribute to branch goals by retaining and expanding customer base, as well as, managing and promoting a sales culture within branch:
- Run reports and identify existing customers who may have a financial need for new or additional products or services. Proactively contact them to discuss product/service options to meet their needs.
- Consistently execute on sales opportunities with new and existing customers to increase deposit growth and to make referrals for non-deposit products
- Cultivate relationships with potential new customers through networking, strong customer service and solid product knowledge
- Provide ongoing coaching in sales techniques and product knowledge while motivating staff to embrace sales culture and consistently cross-sell and refer Bank products and services
- Partner with Branch Manager to ensure daily branch operations are being conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines:
- Monitor customer transactions, complete daily proofing of all branch-related areas, review daily reports of customers activity and complete any paperwork as required for Compliance and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) purposes
- Ensure dual control procedures are enforced at all times
- Monitor procedures involving non-deposit products, such as wealth management and retirement planning investments, to ensure compliance within these areas
- Complete periodic internal branch audits
- Ensure all branch security procedures are being followed appropriately and effectively
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Bank policies and procedures
- Partner with Branch Manager to coach and mentor staff:
- Train and develop staff toward procedural compliance, goal achievement and exceptional customer service
- Clearly communicate expectations of job performance and hold staff accountable for performing against expectations and goals
- Actively participate in performance management process for staff, including providing ongoing coaching and feedback, completing performance evaluations and proactively addressing performance issues
- In partnership with Human Resources and the Branch Manager, manage the hiring, training and retention of staff.
- Maintain clear and open communication between branch management and staff:
- Actively listen to staff when they raise questions or concerns
- Attend management meetings to obtain information on new products and services, new/current policies and procedures, lessons learned from other branches and other information sharing practices
- In collaboration with Branch Manager, cascade important information to staff members in a timely manner (e.g., during team meetings)
- Regular involvement in community-based organizations to support local businesses, increase Northfield's presence in the area and to network and potentially expand potential customer base
- Represent Northfield at community-based luncheons, dinners and special events, as necessary
- Volunteer with community-based organizations as a representative of the Bank
- May require occasional travel for business meetings or training.
- Management may authorize transfers to other branches based on business need.
- Two-year college degree or 5+ years banking experience, including supervisory experience required
- Banking experience required (5+ years)
- Excellent communication skills required (5+ years)
- Solid computer skills required (5+ years)
- Strong sales skills with ability to effectively develop business preferred (2+ years)
- Supervisory skills preferred (2+ years)
- Ability to lift and transfer coin bag (approximately 30 lbs.)
Northfield Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran