To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3200 Wilcrest Drive
Houston, TX 77042
- Royl Lawas
- Phone: 713-635-9648
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HOTEL REVENUE MANAGER
Hospitality Pro Search • Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position would report directly to the Director of Revenue Management. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Director of Revenue Management with capacity thresholds, forecasting, group maintenance and distribution channel database integrity.
Managing and maintaining group and transient inventory controls:
• Daily review and implementation of room accommodation and rate inventory controls in GRO/OnQ PMS and OnQ RMS. Includes weekly implementation of roll-in controls.
• Work with Sales team to ensure effective and efficient management of group inventory daily – provide direction when needed on cutoff date extensions and additions to inventory.
• Attend weekly group pick-up meetings.
• Implement all blackout dates in GRO/OnQ PMS and OnQ RMS and review monthly to determine if adjustments are needed
• Maintain accurate demand information in GRO/ OnQ RMS
• Work with Director of Front Office to ensure that sellout strategies are in place, and that OnQ PMS and R&I are balanced daily
• Ensure OnQ FMS and the General Ledger are balanced daily as it relates to past Actuals Developing, monitoring and adjusting sales and pricing strategies:
• Participate in weekly revenue management meetings, to include the following as standard agenda items: review of 120-day booking window pace for group and transient, pricing strategies, marketing opportunities and competitive environment.
• Daily review daily detail, pick up report and Overrides report. Address concerns and action plans with Hotel team. • Coordinate and implement updates for SSG rates
• Develop annual transient pricing with the DRM. Includes loading of all pricing into OnQ R&I. Ensure pricing in consistent in all distribution channels (OnQ PMS, GDS, Internet)
• Advise Director of Revenue Management of marketing opportunities, particularly over need periods
• Review and implement incentive programs in Front Office and Reservations, with particular focus on need periods.
• Perform all functions of the Revenue Management Analyst as required.
• Train property team members on key areas of Revenue / Yield Management.
Provide critical analysis of strategies, room statistics and demand factors:
• Review end of month rooms statistics reports including FMS, Monthly Revenue Management Reports, STAR, Key Hotel Marketing Reports, Report of Operations, and provide critical analysis on performance vs. forecasts and results of implemented strategies
• Conduct displacement analysis of group business, as needed, to determine impact potential business will have on RevPAR.
• Review all tentative and definite group bookings, to ensure that they support implemented strategies.
• Complete weekly booking pace reports and analysis on pace, recommending strategy changes when needed.
• Analyze group performance vs contract and forecast.
• Analyze past and present trends and make recommendations for future strategies. Forecasting:
• Work with DRM and prepare all Weekly, Monthly, Rolling Forecasts and Annual Budget for property of focus, using OnQ RMS, Excel, OnQ FMS, Delphi/DMPE, and Netrez/OnQ PMS
Competitive and Demand Analysis:
• Review all competitive shops on a consistent basis (at least once per week) and identify selling strategies and market trends.
• Review Demand calendars, convention calendars and city event calendars to keep abreast of all demand generators.
• Maintain historical data on events and performance on any promotions during these demand-generating events.
Administrative and Reservations:
• Participate in the training and development of the Revenue Analysts
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Answer other hotel team member’s questions regarding revenue management in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Provide training to other hotel team members on revenue management procedures and principles, as needed.
• Ensure that all room’s statistics reports, including OnQ FMS, Report of Operations, and any other related reports are accurate and consistent.
• Attends property Staff meetings, and other property specific meetings as requested by the General Manager.
• Ensure that all revenue management related systems are maintained, including: OnQ RMS, OnQ FMS, OnQ PMS, DMPE/Delphi, HIDB. Employ the assistance of the Director of Sales, Director of Front Office, Sales and Marketing Manager as needed
• Contribute to the development of the marketing plan.
• Maintain an organized and clean work area and hotel environment.
US $50,000.00-US $58,000.00 / Year
Work Permit Needed:
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
medical, dental, vision, 401K, + available with contribution
• 4 year college degree required or equivalent work experience
• Previous experience in Revenue Management
• OnQ R&I and GRO certified • Working experience in Front Office operations/ Sales
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
RMU Certificate preferred
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to deliver presentations in a concise, well-organized manner.
• Proficient at statistical and competitive analysis.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Certified in the use of GRO, OnQ RMS, OnQ R&I and other related systems or an ability to
• quickly learn and utilize these systems.
• Strong experience or adaptable training in the use of automated systems, personal computers and software programs.
• Experienced as a Revenue Analyst; Related analytical experience essential.