To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1535 Faraday Avenue
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Research and Development Assistant
Natural Alternatives International • Carlsbad, CA
Posted 18 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for assisting the members of the product development team including but not limited to computer support (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, PowerPoint), contacting vendors to request samples, pricing, quality of raw materials, tracking and managing specific project related tasks, set-up and maintenance of departmental files, preparation of regulatory and technical documentation in support of product development team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for managing the qualification of new and replacement raw materials as assigned.
• Evaluate suppliers raw material specifications for determining their suitability for inclusion for replacement and/or new ingredients
• On-going internal and external technical support to ensure production needs are met and customer requests satisfied.
• Build strategic relationship and maintain effective communications with vendors
• Support Quality in the vendor qualification.
• Coordinate and maintain tracking logs for product development tasks to ensure logs are up-to-date and accurate.
• Provide administrative support to product development team to include but not limited to filing, copying, mailing, phone and email follow-up.
• Assist in preparation of regulatory and technical documents.
• Assist in sourcing, pricing and qualification of new materials/new vendors for formulations and maintaining tracking logs
• Assist in sending and receiving compliance documents from suppliers.
• Assist in coordinating and tracking pilot production, pilot production scheduling and different aspects of projects as assigned.
• Assist in ensuring pilot production has the required materials and resources to complete production
• Assist in ensuring documents such as specs, formula, batch record, test results, pilot production report, etc. are transferred to QA Document Control in a timely manner
• Assist in coordinating special projects as needed, such as clinical studies, International Product Development and Registration documentation, etc.
• Must be pro-active and possess the ability to problem solve. Must be able to take the initiative and responsibility for independent projects.
• Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and efficient, possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be poised when meeting with outside vendors for additional exposure to the neutraceuitical and food industries.
• Must be able to work effectively both independently and as a team member within Product Development and with all other departments within the company.
• Must be willing to learn new technical information.
• Computer competency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, and PowerPoint.
• In addition, maintaining confidentiality of company sensitive and proprietary information is a must.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILL(S), OR TRAINING
• Bachelor's degree with previous work experience in the pharmaceutical or nutritional supplement industry would be highly beneficial.
• Knowledge of medical terminology would also be beneficial.