To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
590 Woodbury Glassboro Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
- Stephanie Nelson
- Phone: 856-589-0500
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Technical Support Engineer
Coperion • Sewell, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsibility consists of three main areas of activity: technical support, support of customer service sales, and technical documentation.
- Make recommendations to the customer service personnel and/or customers for parts required to correct existing or anticipated equipment problems, either damage or wear related. This requires extensive technical aptitude, familiarly with engineering principles and design guidelines, and the ability to understand complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- Make decisions regarding required scope of refurbishment projects
- Support sales and refurbishing in generating new business (including polyolefin applications) with modification and machine upgrade projects.
- Assist the parts staff with quoting, parts identification, and preparation of spare parts lists
- Provide technical coordination with engineering and purchasing for spare parts orders
- Define necessary overhaul kits
- Serve as main contact to CST and gearbox suppliers regarding technical issues
- Manage machinery database, equipment history, and data entry of field activity.
- Review field service reports and gearbox warranty issues
- Process data entry requests for new parts numbers, database updates, Bills of Materials, part technical descriptions and specifications, etc. Look-up parts in SAP and coordinate the technical data in both systems. Establish technical specifications for parts and associated Bills of Materials.
- Enter new customer service projects for the group, including the project header and the associated sales order. Coordinate processing of orders with Planning and Inventory Control with regard to special instructions for shipping and expediting shipment from warehouse as needed.
- Establish and maintain periodic contact with suppliers (in association with the purchasing department) to obtain technical quotations and develop technical specifications.
- technical support for field service engineers and customers via telephone
- Troubleshooting for mechanical issues
- Provide Technical assistance for customer service sales, field service & customers
- Parts Identification & Technical Clarification
- Parts Quotation
- Specifying and obtaining quotations from suppliers
- Order Receipt, clarification, and entry
- Part number, technical data, and Bill of Material entry
- Date maintenance and follow-up on open projects and sales orders
- Obtain information on competitive pricing to assist in establishing US market pricing
- Review and provide recommendations for parts inventory levels
- Coordinate internal support efforts to ensure a timely/thorough response to the customer
- Communicate larger issues to the corresponding sales group for handling/follow up
- Define standardized kits for service issues (field issues as well as in-house overhauls)
- Make technical decisions regarding scope of overhauls
- Provide gearbox failure reports and sales supporting reports for customers
- Assist in developing standardized reporting format for field service visits
- Review field service reports to identify necessary documentation updates
- Obtain revised drawings from suppliers where necessary (i.e. Flender, Renk).
- Establish and maintain periodic contact and dialogue with customers for their requirements and needs.
- Support customer service sales in the proposal and project stages for consultation studies.
- Interact with customers on a technical basis, coordinated with the other sales staff, providing information concerning gearboxes and other associated equipment
- Monitor complaints of customers, take appropriate action and inform Department Management as required.
- Approve return shipments from customer according to company policy and coordinate receipt of returns with Inventory Control.
- Assist other Department Personnel with specific expertise as required.
- Provide technical assistance to customer service staff and other company personnel. Take calls of other sales personnel, if required, helping caller or taking clear and precise information for other party.
- Review inventory use and recommend stocking requirements for customer service needs.
- Ability to organize and communicate.
- Some overtime required. Occasional travel required
- Other duties as assigned
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering reports, drawings, office procedures, and instruction manuals is required.
- The ability to write clear, concise routine correspondence as well as comprehensive documents
- Knowledge of chemical process industry (CPI) mechanical plant equipment and systems or related industry experience
- Knowledge of Extrusion Technology or related capital equipment as well as Maintenance a plus
- Knowledge of word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), PowerPoint. Be familiar with software such as QAD, SAP, Navision, CRM applications as required.
Required Experience & Education
- High school diploma
- 3 years of related experience, preferably in the equipment/process systems business and /or customer service sales.
- Mechanical, industrial, chemical, electrical or equivalent engineering degree preferred
- Maintain neat and orderly, hazard free work area