To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5745 Lee Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative
The American Legion • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for receiving calls, listens to, and analyzes customer needs and preferences; provides the appropriate information and response; and captures the relevant data. Enters mail, phone, and fax orders into computer for processing. Responds to customer's inquiries or complaints through use of Microsoft Word and Internet email.
1. Opens mail, batches, and places in basket for order entry.
2. Enters mail, phone, and fax orders and forwards payments to Operations Administrative Assistant.
3. Files completed custom orders received via mail, fax, or Internet.
4. Handles phone calls in a manner that meets professional call standards (includes the use of tact, patience, and good judgment) irrespective of the customer's manner.
5. Researches and resolves problems with customer 's orders and inquiries through use of telephone, fax, mail, or Internet email.
6. Uses Microsoft Word to compose correspondence to customers.
7. Develops comprehensive knowledge of products to be used in better serving the customers.
8. Assists in salesroom as needed.
9. Attend conventions as needed and assigned. Duties at convention include setting up sales area, resolving problems, one-on-one sales, packing up and other tasks as assigned.
10. Assists in warehouse picking and packing orders as assigned.
11. Actively demonstrates teamwork.
12. Completes other tasks as assigned by management.
Requires a thorough knowledge of a given vocation or trade procedures, or a working knowledge of broad shop or trade procedures, or training in commonly used commercial or business machines, methods and practices.
Additional Skills Needed:
1. One year or more experience in telephone or mail order sales/customer service preferred or one to three years working in an office environment.
2. Experience in a Call Center environment preferred.
3. Must be able to work with accuracy in maintaining records.
4. Experience using Internet and email required.
5. Experience using Sigma Micro software a plus.
6. Experience with various type of office equipment (fax, copier, mailing equipment, etc.).
7. Must have good math aptitude.
8. Experience with Microsoft Word required. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus.
9. Must pass competency test administered by Human Resources. Test will cover grammar usage, editing, Word and Excel.
One year up to 3 years