To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1311 Durham Avenue
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
- Perlie Barraca
- Phone: 908-219-8000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
AristaCare at Cedar Oaks • South Plainfield, NJ
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AristaCare at Cedar Oaks is currently in search for Per Diem Nurse Supervisors. We offer competitive pay rates, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility during your tour of duty. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Nursing Services in directing the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Participate in developing, maintaining, and updating written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department.
- Ensure that reference material (i.e., PDR'S, Federal and State Regulations, etc.) maintained at the nurses' stations is current. Recommend written material that will assist the nursing service department in meeting the day-to-day needs of the resident.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current and reflects the day to day nursing procedures performed in this facility.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with the procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures Manual.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
- Periodically review the department's policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for revisions to the Director.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents' total regimen of care.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation of the facility's quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as requested by the Administrator or Director of Nursing Services.
- Periodically review the resident's written discharge plan. Participate in the updating of the resident's written discharge plan as required.
- Assist the Director in planning the nursing services portion of the resident's discharge plan as necessary.
- Meet with the nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in planning the department's services, programs, and activities.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary.
- Interpret the department's policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies as required.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN or LPN/LVN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.