To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Warren, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Epitec • Warren, MI
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB SUMMARY FOR ENGINEER TECHNICIAN:
- General Purpose Engineering technical support capability, proficient in multiple advanced or future vehicle systems such as electronic chassis or powertrain controls, hybrid vehicles, electric drivetrains, anti-lock brake systems, or advanced fabrication of mechanical systems and components.
- Responsible for the vehicle development of complex and specialized mechanical systems, proprietary vehicle development tests, and/or electrical tests on product components.
- Build and Wire Prototype Vehicles
- Harness building 2- 3 years of experience in this area
- Soldering Skills - Looking for someone with 2/3 years
- In Vehicle electrical work and installing testing equipment. EMC testing, wiring prototype vehicles.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ENGINEER TECHNICIAN:
- Performs the more specialized mechanical and/or electrical tests on product components or series of components
- Trains, develops and assigns work to employees
- Plans and meets project and test schedules
- Keeps supervision informed of developments as needed
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations on unusual and difficult technical problems
- Presentation of test results and recommendations to customers
- Makes and follows up on reports and maintains related records
- Frequent contact with others outside work group
- Ensures good housekeeping, safety practices and the availability of adequate supplies and equipment
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ENGINEER TECHNICIAN:
- Knowledge in MS Office (Word) intermediate level
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool
- Experience with create or modify vehicle componentry utilizing Product engineering layouts
- Possesses multiple areas of development expertise, including overall vehicle development, product electronics, or component fabrication
- Strong creativity in solving engineering issues and leading vehicle development activities
- Strong level of interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with engineers, managers, and peers
- Strong willingness to learn new methods, systems and technology
- Ability to work independently, exhibiting teamwork skills with other co-workers
- Highly specialized knowledge of complex mechanical and/or electrical concepts
- Thorough knowledge of engineering math
- Ability to read highly complex engineering drawings
- High level of problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis for accurate resolution of highly complex problems
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and assign prioritization to tasks according to aggressive deadlines
- Strong project management/planning skills to clearly understand and forecast project timelines
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide training and support to peer Technicians
- Automotive technology experience
- Position related experience relative to automotive technical experience or dealership experience
- Position specific experience as a Mechanical or Electrical Technician
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENGINEER TECHNICIAN:
- Two-year Associate Degree in Mechanical, Electrical field or Automotive Technology or equivalent training Required
- US Citizen/ GC Holder
- Drug Testing and Background Checks prior to the supplier confirming the acceptance of the assignment.
Medical, Dental, Vacation, Holiday tailored to meet your needs. 401K/Match, $15,000 Life Insurance, Award Winning Employee Care Program, established and highly regarded reputation with Green Card and H1 processing.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First." Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Best Places to Work for," and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.