To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
12000 Aerospace Avenue
Houston, TX 77034
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Project Manager
Orion Group Holdings, Inc. • Houston, TX
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Orion Group Holdings, Inc. is a leading specialty construction company, provides services both on and off the water in the continental United States, Alaska, Canada and the Caribbean Basin through its heavy civil marine construction segment and its commercial concrete segment. The Company’s heavy civil marine construction segment services includes marine transportation facility construction, marine pipeline construction, marine environmental structures, dredging of waterways, channels and ports, environmental dredging, design, and specialty services. Its commercial concrete segment provides turnkey concrete construction services including pour and finish, dirt work, layout, forming, rebar, and mesh across the light commercial, structural and other associated business areas. The Company is headquartered in Houston, Texas with regional offices throughout its operating areas.
For additional information, go to: http://www.oriongroupholdingsinc.com.
Orion Group Holdings, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Information Technology Project, in Houston, TX. This position is accountable for managing the Company’s IT Projects that support all divisions within Orion Group Holdings, Inc. General responsibilities include the initiation, planning, execution, and reporting of all projects within Company's IT department (both Infrastructure and Application). The incumbent will be required to ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget. Typically, the incumbent will interface with employees at every division and senior management.
- Directly manage all infrastructure and application projects within the IT department.
- Ensure that IT projects are being completed according to the design, budget and schedule approved by the IT Manager and Vice President of Information Technology.
- Assist with the review, development, and maintenance of Project Management Framework and workflows.
- Develop documentation, monitor and report project status, and assess the effectiveness and accuracy of documentation.
- Report Project Status to all levels of stakeholders - Initiate and maintain reporting relationships with project stakeholders including team members, peers, managers, customers, vendors, and other affected departments.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Perform appropriate levels of risk management to minimize project risks.
- Coordinate efforts across multiple business units, and IT teams to ensure continuous efficient management of projects.
- Assist as needed with any IT related projects as determined by the IT Manager & Vice President of Information Technology.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree and PMP Certification or 10 years’ experience as an IT Project Manager.
- ITIL or other Technology certifications a plus.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be knowledgeable with Microsoft Project.
In addition, the incumbent must also:
- Be able to prioritize and plan work activities to make effective use of time;
- Be able to work outside of normal business hours;
- Be well organized and task oriented to provide effective support;
- Be a self-starter with the ability to perform work duties with minimal supervision;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization;
- Be able to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive business matters
- Be flexible with ability to adjust to rapid changes in work priorities
- Be able to travel as needed to perform job related tasks or assist in IT related projects.
The Company expects and requires incumbent and each of its other employees to observe and fulfill the above and all other safety responsibilities and actively work toward maintaining a safe workplace. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Incumbents must be able respond appropriately during site emergencies as directed by the Human Resources Director, Safety Manager, or other management representative.
- The individual must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment if required to work or visit the jobsite. This may include hard hat, safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, personal flotation devices, or other equipment as required by the work performed and location the work is being done.
- Light physical requirements are occasionally involved including lifting objects that may weigh up to 60 lbs.
Compensation & Benefits:
An excellent compensation and benefits package is offered. Benefit plans include:
- Medical, including Prescription Drugs
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off For Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
- Pre-Tax Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Career Growth & Development
Qualified applicants should appy through the company career page: www.orionmarinegroup.com/careers, or via e-mail.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), age, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by law.