To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Schofield, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Support Agent
Wausau Supply Company • Schofield, WI
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Summary: Wausau Supply Company (WSC) relies on technology to drive all aspects of the business. This role will be a key point of contact to provide level 1 and level 2 Information Technology (IT) support across all technology platforms for both internal employees and external customers.
Duties to include, (but not limited to):
- Receive and log customer problems, requests, and issues.
- Perform initial problem identification, reproduction, and resolution utilizing support tools, remote access, internet resources, internal documentation and peers support as appropriate.
- Document all troubleshooting efforts in problem ticket.
- Escalate tickets immediately when unable to resolve and maintain ticket ownership through problem resolution.
- Monitor and track incidents to ensure resolution occurs within customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- Perform operating system and application deployment in support of new user deployments and upgrades.
- Create new user accounts and perform old user cleanup.
- Deploy hardware and software to Wausau Supply employees.
- Provide support for mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android)
- Provide training for customers and staff in the use of Wausau Supply web sites, computers, and applications.
- Engage and contribute to long term IT projects as outlined by special project charters.
- Provide afterhours support on a rotational basis.
An Information Technology Level 2 Support Agent will possess and/or demonstrate the ability to:
- Provide first-rate IT assistance and solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent phone manner and interpersonal skills as well as developed oral and written communication skills.
- Remain highly organized, flexible and able to react well to immediate issues with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Manage time and prioritize work.
- Support Mac, Windows 7- 10 along with Server 2008R2-2016 operations systems.
- Support Microsoft Office 2010-2016, and O365 applications.
- Support Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Safari and Firefox web browsers.
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
- Motivated to go beyond the job description to ensure the work gets done.
- Basic Networking
Education / Experience:
- Possess a minimum of a two year degree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of related post-graduate work experience, or equivalent amount of related work experience.
Working Demands / Physical Requirements:
- General office conditions with continuous sitting with heavy computer usage.
- Occasional short-term out-of-town travel.
- Occasional afterhours support on a rotational basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Reports to: Director of IT
Conclusion: The IT Level 2 Support Agent will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with WSC. As an ESOP owner, acting with integrity, and the highest level of ethical standards is imperative. 100% uptime of the systems that allow for trucks to roll, phones to ring and product to ship is the IT Level 2 Support Agent’s prime objective. The IT Level 2 Support Agent reports to the Director of Information Technology.