To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sparks, NV
- Chelsea Hanna
- Phone: 5035583499
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Flux is currently searching for an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to be part of our onsite team in either Hillsboro, OR or Sparks, NV . This person will be working with a global A/EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will interface with design team, project managers and clients to lead effort for the development of I&C design packages.
Primary duties and responsibilities :
- Determine, select, and specify instrumentation and controls required to monitor, operate and control mechanical, process, and electrical system
- Provide input on / develop P&ID's
- Produce logic diagrams, control narratives (sequence of operations) and wiring diagrams
- Develop instrument index
- Interpret and apply codes, job procedures, standards, and specifications
- Interface with other design disciplines
- Provide field assistance as required
- Monitor and review on-site installation, start-up and operation of instrumentation and controls
- Perform inspections of equipment as required
- PLC/HMI Architecture Design including Ethernet, ControlNet and Remote I/O
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals
- Develop control panel designs
- Select and specify instruments and control valves
Knowledge, skills, and abilities :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of five years design experience in Instrumentation and Controls
- Ability to lead industrial facilities design and construction projects
- Ability to quickly understand network layout and I/O diagrams
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills with MS Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong communication and impromptu problem solving skills
- Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion
- Ability to work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer’s requirements/needs in the field
- Mechanical or Chemical Knowledge is a plus
- Revit knowledge is highly desirable
- PLC and HMI programming experience a plus
- Regular travel required if not local to client site
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.