To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
- Tim Ulrey
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PROJECT ENGINEER – Plastics Manufacturing
Plastic Executive Recruiters • Atlanta, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EXTRUSION PROCESS ENGINEER – Plastic Films (blown film, cast film, film converting)
- LOCATION: Greater Atlanta. Not commutable from north of I-20.
- Pay: $71K - $87K depending on experience. Pay range coincides with 3-7 yrs of experience
- Appropriate Plastics Backgrounds: Project or process engineer in plastics manufacturing.
- Credentials Needed: 100% must have completed 4-year engineering degree. Chemical Engineering degree preferred.
THE PLANT / COMPANY
This is your chance to work with a global, flexible plastic packaging company providing high level engineering support at this Georgia plant. They extrude plastic films, have coating and converting processes. There are around 200 employees in this one facility. Being hired in this role will allow for advancement into the business, engineering, and operations sides of the company as it gives you experience in multiple angles of the industry.
Upon hire, you will have plenty of support from another project engineer and the on-site technology director. You will work heavily with subcontractors for projects ranging from equipment installs to building a wall around a piece of machinery. You will coordinate with OEM companies and get sign off's for their work done. You will 'walk into' a project - the plant is bringing in 2 extrusion lines and 2 bag making machines. Other projects will involve equipment validation, building and floor improvement plans, and 'checklist' type of mini projects as is the norm in manufacturing. You will juggle multiple projects that are in different phases of completion.
- 100% must have completed 4-year engineering degree. Chemical Engineering degree preferred. Can consider BSEE, BSME, BSChemE, BSIE, Polymer Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, etc.
- 2+ years in a similar role (project, process, manufacturing engineer) at a plastics manufacturing plant. Plastic extrusion preferred, will consider other plastics manufacturing backgrounds such as sheet extrusion, thermoforming, injection molding, etc.
- Lean Six Sigma trained preferred (not required). Certification not required.