To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newnan / Peachtree City area, GA
- Tim Ulrey
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Process Engineer: Plastic Extrusion, Films
Plastic Executive Recruiters • Newnan / Peachtree City area, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EXTRUSION PROCESS ENGINEER – Plastic Films (blown film, cast film, film converting)
- LOCATION: Greater Atlanta, SW side. 1 hour + drive from downtown. Not commutable from north of I-20.
- Pay: $71K-100K depending on experience. Pay range coincides with 5-15 yrs of experience
- Appropriate Plastics Backgrounds: Blown film extrusion, cast film, film web handling, converting and flexographic backgrounds welcome.
- Credentials Needed: 100% must have completed 4-year engineering degree. Chemical Engineering degree preferred.
THE PLANT / COMPANY
This is your chance to work with a global, flexible plastic packaging company providing high level engineering support at this Georgia plant. The company has manufacturing on 3 continents. They extrude plastic films, have coating and converting processes. There are around 280 employees in this one facility. Being hired in this role will allow for advancement into the business, engineering, and operations sides of the company as it gives you experience in multiple angles of the industry.
This is a plant floor focused job. It will not focus on R&D, trial runs, or prototyping efforts (but might involve these things). The goal of this role will be to help the plant make better product faster with better process reliability and fewer customer returns, in short. Your focus points will involve process and quality improvement in addition to pushing forward lean initiatives as directed by the engineering manager. This will involve SPC, data analytics (statistical analyses on line performance, variables / thresholds, etc.), involvement with SOP's (improvement and creation), and tackling continuous improvement initiatives. You will be pulled into some projects and troubleshooting efforts as is default for this type of role in the industry.
- 100% must have completed 4-year engineering degree. Chemical Engineering degree preferred. Can consider BSEE, BSME, BSChemE, BSIE, Polymer Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, etc.
- 3+ years in a similar role at a films manufacturing plant. Blown film extrusion preferred, might consider a films converting / coating / web handling background.
- SPC / Lean Six Sigma trained – preferred. Certification not required.
- Lean Manufacturing project implementation experience