To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Century, KS 66031
- Kadee Wier
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Security Engineer IV
Information Technology Group LLC • New Century, KS
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Information Security Engineer IV
6 month contract to hire
New Century, KS
W2 Pay Rate- $52-$87/Hour
Sr Security Engineer
Respond to, remediate and document information security incidents not limited to SIEM Alerts, Tickets, Emails, or Phone Calls.
Review data that is processed within the SIEM to find and resolve suspicious events.
Verify incident source alert notifications are authentic and trusted.
Identify and resolve incidents that are not defined by (or deviates from) an existing incident response guide.
Assist with significant incidents as needed or assigned.
Provide feedback for development and consistency of automated threat detection mechanisms.
Create and maintain incident response guides.
Security projects dedicated to improving Corporate Security or client's security posture.
Support and enhance client's abilities to detect and respond to security incidents including internal events, targeted attacks and all other cyber incidents.
Ensure Corporate Security owned Infrastructure, Event Feeds, Event Processing, and Asset Intelligence are available and operating effectively.
Support the business units within client by acting as liaison between them and Corporate Security.
Automate detections of “Indicators of Compromise" provided by Corporate Security in order to detect intrusions, and significantly lower time to response.
Facilitate the coordinated response to the intrusion, to minimize the impact of the threat returning the integrity of client assets and network as quickly as possible.
Understand the initial threat vector, and the creation of protection mechanisms to prevent threats from occurring in the future.
Recommend security best practices and system configuration standards.
Facilitate and lead incident response calls and provide documentation to senior management.
Perform an on-call shift rotation.
Ensure communication continuity between all shifts
• Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of relevant system administration, virtualization, configuration, and support work experience.
• Excellent understanding of common computing platforms. Including Windows Server, RedHat Linux Server, and vendor specific appliance support.
• Understanding and ability to utilize programming skills
• Candidate must possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, GISEC, CISM or CISA.
• Considered expert in one (or more) of the following areas: Networking, Operating System (MS/Unix/Linux), Database, or directory such as Active Directory and LDAP.
• Strong work ethic, demonstrated self-starter, ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 5+ years of dedicated system administration, virtualization, configuration, and support work experience.
• Proficient with regular expressions, PERL, and/or XML constructs.
• Hands on experience of the following tools: SIEM, IDS / IPS, host based Anti-Virus, or similar products.
• Professional/technical certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Security+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Linux Professional Institute Certifications, or equivalent System Administration related certifications. (OSCP, GCIH, other SANS security certs)
• Experience reverse engineering malware and malware analysis.
• Experience with large enterprise data centers and/or networks.