To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
- Kadee Wier
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IP Backhaul Engineer
Information Technology Group LLC • Dallas, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
INITIAL DURATION: 6/24/2018
W2 PAY RATE: $44/Hour
POSITION: Network Engineer II - IP BACKHAUL INTEGRATION
This position is remote in either Dallas, Texas or Kansas City Metro
This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions.
· Partner with commissioning & integration deployment teams on new cell site builds & technology upgrade activities
· Develop backhaul network device configuration scripts
· Perform Commissioning & Integration activities on multiple backhaul solutions such as Dark Fiber, Microwave, and Satellite over Necklace, Ring, Hub-n-Spoke network topologies.
· Troubleshoot sites that do not pass integration testing and drive failure resolution
· Assemble site specific CIQ source data to auto-generate backhaul network device configuration scripts
· Provision network elements in database tool and applicable Element Management Systems as needed
· Ensure Microwave radio configuration MOPs are implemented correctly
· Complete Spirent QScope RFC 2544 and TWAMP connectivity test to actualize backhaul acceptance tasks
· Perform prerequisite task(s) needed to ensure that backhaul is ready and accepted.
· Support field implementation and performance troubleshooting efforts
· Escalate client problems according to established procedures but exercising judgment in the process
· Prepare, report, review test results/Methods of Procedure (MOP) documentation.
· Ability to plan and lead network maintenance windows
· University degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
· Previous experience working in telecom network infrastructures, preferably with 3 or more years in the providing implementation and technical support of Microwave, Ethernet, and Dark Fiber Backhaul solutions.
· Experience configuring and deploying Microwave Radios, Cisco Routers, switches and firewalls in an IS-IS, MPLS, and BGP network environment
· Experience and understanding of some or all of the following areas: SONET, IP subnetting and layer 2/3 routing, DWDM, dark fiber services on Ciena & Cisco Optical platforms
· Strong demonstrated understanding and implementation of advanced routing protocols BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, Layer 2/3 VPNs, BFD and IPsec
· Industry recognized certification such as CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE.
· 3 - 4 years of experience in microwave design and development in a telecommunications environment
· Knowledge of all types of circuits ¿ Microwave, Leased Ethernet, Dark and Lit Fiber, MPLS, WAN, MAN, P2P, P2MP, etc.
· Hands of experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting the following Telecom Wireless Backhaul Network devices:
o IPAs: ALU/Nokia -7750, Cisco - ASR9010, Ericsson - SE1200 CSRs: ALU/Nokia - 7705 SAR-F,
o CSRs: ALU/Nokia -7705 SAR-8, Juniper - ACX2200/4000, Cisco - ASR901, ASR920, MWR2941, Ericsson - SP-210, SP-310
o EMS Platforms: SAMB, Service-On, Cisco Prime Network
o Microwave Radio Equipment: Ceragon Network, IP20C; Dragonwave HEMC; Fastback Networks
· Packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark/Ethereal
· Knowledge and deployment experience of Quality of Service within a network
· Network analysis and management experience using TCP/IP, SNMP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, SSH, etc.
· Experience with provisioning CSRs/IPAs in vendor (EMS) Element Management Systems (Cisco Prime Network, ALU/Nokia Service Aware Manager (SAMB), Ericsson Service-On)
· Strong collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
· Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
Qualifications (Nice to Haves, Not a Must)
· Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Java, VBScript, Perl, Secure CRT, Excel, etc.
· Exceptional Excel Skills, specifically in use for project trackers and reporting:
· VLOOKUP formulas, Count and Sum formulas, Pivot Tables Creation & Management