Delaware Dynamics produces large die cast molds for the automotive industry. Talented tool makers can earn a great living with excellent benefits in a a friendly environment where we embrace new technology and innovation to build large high-pressure die-cast tooling.
We are a World-Class provider of in-house designed and manufactured die cast tooling for companies such as Ford Motor Company, General Motors and Chrysler, building large dies in Muncie for over 75 years. Due to consistent growth in sales and capacity, we have recently added and upgraded several 3, 4 and 5-axis boring mills, creating several new jobs programming and operating these new machines.
CNC Boring Mill Machine Operators
We are hiring experienced and entry-level tool makers, (CNC Boring Mill Operators) to machine various die/mold details made of H-13 steel, including complete set-up, pick-off and alignment of details on machines, read and interpret prints and communicate with programmers and coworkers regarding job status and schedules.
Our tool makers produce high quality components within extremely tight tolerances and must be able to determine the optimum methods, tooling, speeds and feeds to machine parts in the most efficient manner possible, as well as keeps an organized approach to machining details correctly and completely.
CNC Programmers will be primarily responsible to write and revise programming using WorkNC for 3-axis, 4-axis and 5-axis machines used in the production of components of very large high pressure aluminum die cast molds. They must be able to analyze manufacturing needs of job components in the die mold impressions, holder blocks, carriers, and any individual pieces that may need to be built. They must have a solid understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the machine specific tooling in house. Along with the Engineering-CAD Department, lead men, foreman and machine operators, CAM personnel help direct the proper flow of the manufacturing process from work piece fixture design, the rough and finishing machining to the inspection of the final product.
CNC Machinist Position Requirements:
- 2 or more years’ experience successfully operating CNC Boring Mills, including setting up parts, picking off, selecting tooling, feed and speed rates is desired.
- Machine Trades or Advanced Manufacturing background at a high school Career Center or two year college in Machine Trades curriculum a plus.
- Successful candidates have good shop math/trigonometry skills
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Ability to operate a PC and understand and program controls using “G" codes
- Safety conscious
- Able to communicate and work effectively with others.
CNC Programmer Position Requirements:
- Training in the software platforms available for NC tool path generation and inspection programming is required.
- Experience programming 5-axis mills using late version WorkNC strongly preferred
- A thorough knowledge of the machining techniques, shop processes and customer standards used in the manufacturing environment is a must.
- Prefer 3-5 years’ work experience.
- Excellent mathematical concept, analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong skill level on PC platforms, software manipulation and file organizing with various types of documentation.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software’s.
- Ability to learn new software programs.
- Ability to be able to communicate with various levels of the organization.
We provide competitive pay, performance-based bonus potential, and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision and disability insurance, 401(k) savings program with a company match. We also provide paid vacations and holidays, apprenticeship opportunities and on the job training, tuition assistance and career advancement opportunities in a friendly work environment.