To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
15620 Valley Boulevard
City of Industry, CA 91744
- Yanira Bland
- Phone: (626) 723-1000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Corporate Director of Transportation & Logistics
C&F Foods, Inc. • City of Industry, CA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As the Corporate Director of Transportation & Logistics you will be responsible for managing the transportation operations and regulatory compliance functions. This will include fleet management and maintenance, ensuring proper permitting and driver training. You will also periodically review SOP’s for transportation functions with an emphasis towards continuous improvement. The Transportation Manager will manage our risk and preserve our excellent transportation safety record. As the Director you will be responsible for managing the transportation operations and regulatory compliance functions. This will include fleet supervision and maintenance, ensuring proper permitting and driver training. Annual and BIT inspections. DOT compliance laws, IFTA Compliance, POMA Compliance, FMSCA regulations, Com Data, USDOT DHOS Regulations and Intrastate DHOS Regulations California Code of Regulations 13 CCR and Code of Federal Regulations 49 CFR. Drivers Daily Log, Drug and alcohol testing of all drivers. Vehicle and Trailer maintenance files. Driver hours of service, Driver Inspections Report, Out of Service Criteria, Driver Pull Notice Program 1801.1 CVC .Understand Vehicle Inspections Scheduled maintenance & Records 1230CCR. Driver Profiency records 1234 (b) CCR. Shipping paper Retention, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Motor Carrier Permit Program 34601 CVC. Hazardous Materials Records 1162 CCR. Terminal Ratings, Serious violations, CDl Endorsements and ALL related Laws. You will review all SOP’s for transportation functions with an emphasis towards continuous improvement. Oversee the Rail Manager position too. Imports and Exports. Director will optimize all cost for the entire Logistics for C & F Logistics and contract carrier.
- Oversee the Supervisor of the entire fleet of trucks including: DOT, IFTA and BIT inspections, Maintenance, Dispatch
- Plans, directs and implements vehicle scheduling, allocation, dispatching, licensing, and communication functions in accordance with established policies and objectives to effect economical utilization of vehicle facilities
- Manage the Traffic and Freight flow
- Reviews and revises driver schedules to ensure increased efficiency and to lower costs
- Build a support staff that will enhance performance in all areas of the department
- Hire a quality /qualified driver work force to enhance our overall performance
- Oversee all aspects of the Transportation Department
- Financial control, budget planning and tracking of department performance
- Manage carrier relations, booking loads, negotiating rates and contracts, monitor rail shipments, and order rail cars, problem resolution and customer service
- Conducts field surveys to evaluate operations and recommends changes
- Rail cost, COTS, demurge, Rail Freight cost, supply chain of inbound
- Directs compilation and preparation of statistical surveys to determine traffic trends
- Reviews and analyzes reports, such as revenue and performance records and seat occupancy patterns to secure information for recommended changes
- Analyzes proposed schedules and rates, initiates preparation and distribution of proposed trip schedule changes and submits analyses of data and rescheduling recommendations to administration
- Directs operation and maintenance of communication systems, reviews procedures, provides guidance to resolve technical problems, analyses of data and rescheduling recommendations to upper management
- Reviews cost statements to locate excessive expenses, and develops plans, policies and budgets
- Selects and recommends personnel for staff positions and trains and assigns personnel for supervisory positions
- Import IFS knowledge, know terms, IFS and FDA procedures
- Build solid long term Vendor relationships
- Export USDA Inspectors and all certificates
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Experience required: 3-5 years’ Director experience in hazardous materials transportation management
- Skills Required: Exceptional leadership skills, extensive knowledge of DOT and FMCSA regulations, Effective training experience, Outstanding analytical and communication skills, Strong administrative skills, Proficiency in Microsoft Office product, Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Speaking Spanish is a PLUS.
Food Safety and Quality
1. Comply with GMP’s, and Quality and Food Safety programs as noted in IFS (International Food Standards) C&F Foods, Inc. Food Safety Manual
2. Report all food safety and/or quality issues to direct supervisor and QA department for corrective actions