To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3635 Concorde Parkway
Chantilly, VA 20151
- Terry Milot
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Managed Services Operations
Ironbow • Chantilly, VA
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Director of Managed Service Operations is responsible for the management and operations of Iron Bow’s 24x7 Managed Services Center & Technical Operations team located in Chantilly VA. The Managed Services team provides enterprise class Tier I – III monitoring, product / operational support, and customer service to an extensive list of Federal, Commercial, and Health Care clients. This position will lead, mentor, and build our team executing the delivery of managed services contracts to include daily operations, customer satisfaction, financial management and profitability of the center.
Provide strong personnel leadership and mentorship to support engineers
Improve/Develop, document, and implement processes to streamline support activities
Drive productivity through continual team and process improvement
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Sales to assess customer requirements and appropriately scope / price winning proposals
- Develop goals, strategies, and initiatives that are in alignment with Product Management, Engineering and Sales Account teams.
- Working with Product Management, develop goals, objectives and metrics to ensure service delivery exceeds customer expectations
Manage client on-boarding and transitions from professional services to O&M support
- Regularly reach out to customers, managing client relationships to understand requirements, access quality of service delivery, and foster renewal & new service growth
- Working with the Product Management and the Engineering Team, design automation, deployment, and monitoring tools to improve quality of service
- Manage the integration of new technology, products and services into the Operational Support model.
- Manage customer escalation processes and ensure compliance with escalation matrix
- Manage and enforce SLA and contractual requirements for operational processes and service requests
Manage resource scheduling and capabilities to ensure proper coverage, responsiveness, and contracted SLA’s
- Work with the Iron Bow Security Office to ensure the center meets operational security & compliance requirements in a cost effective manner
- Create performance metrics for team members that align with customer-facing SLAs and objectives
- Routinely report operational status, risks and growth opportunities to executive staff as well as escalate impactful issues and resolutions in a timely manner. Participate as necessary in presentations and selling activity for key customers
- Additional duties as assigned
This role requires a technically savvy / self-motivated individual, detail-oriented and results driven with excellent communication skills. The Director of Managed Service Operations exhibits a high degree of corporate maturity, is absolutely committed to customer service and responsiveness, and can manage the team with little oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to build, grow, and motivate an exceptional technical team providing 24x7 operational support for large scale infrastructure
- Excellent situational awareness / Emotional Intelligence, ensuring stabile and positive operations during high stress events
- 5+ years of experience within a managed services environment, preferably as a manager or lead
- Hands on experience or complete conceptual understanding of the technology stack being supported
- Ability to assist business development teams during the RFP/RFI process
- Experience managing / developing an Enterprise class ITSM Platform (e.g., ServiceNow, Cherwell, Remedy, CA, HP, Ivanti, etc.)
- Experience managing / developing an Enterprise class ITOM Platform (e.g., ScienceLogic, HPOM, CA Spectrum, BMC, Zabbix, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively present to customers and partners
- Previous Budget, Resource Planning and P&L responsibility
- Ability to prioritize requirements, meet deadlines, and learn in a fast paced environment
- United States citizenship required
- Applicable Professional / Technical Certifications: CAPM/PMP, ITIL, HDI
- Experience with products/technologies such as Cisco Core Networking, Unified Communications, VoIP, Video Conferencing, WAN/LAN/WiFi, Data Center Infrastructure and general Cloud Technology.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
- Familiarity with Operational, Privacy, Security & Federal Compliance regulations/guidelines such as SSAE-16 SOC 2, FISMA, FedRamp, HIPAA.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years of enterprise IT operational experience leading technical teams of 15+ employees delivering high availability customer facing services
This position is based in Chantilly VA. Travel to visit customers, attend partner events, as well as meeting with other Iron Bow personnel in various locations will be required. Travel is not expected to exceed 15%.
- Iron Bow offers a competitive benefits package, which includes excellent medical and dental benefits, and a 401k plan with matching. Conditions of employment
- All applicants receiving an offer of employment will be required to complete an Iron Bow application and sign a disclosure and authorization form for a background investigation. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the Iron Bow background investigation which may include a criminal check, education and employment verifications and for some positions a credit check. In addition Iron Bow participates in the E-verify employment verification program.
- Iron Bow is an equal opportunity employer committed to support family values, integrity in the workplace, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Iron Bow makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran Status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
Code of Ethics
- Iron Bow is committed to conducting its business in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and in accordance with the Iron Bow Code of Ethics, Conduct and Responsibility. Iron Bow employees are expected to comply and to assist the company in complying with each of these obligations.
- The purpose of the Iron Bow Code of Ethics, Conduct, and Responsibility is to state the principles of business ethics and conduct that Iron Bow requires all employees to follow in dealings on behalf of Iron Bow with the government, the general public, customers, suppliers, competitors, and fellow employees
- As employees, consultants or representatives of Iron Bow, we will treat one another fairly and with dignity and mutual respect
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans